When clients pick their gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
does anyone else find this infuriating? I’ve recently had a new client who had shellac. she Said three had come off, so she picked the rest off. Any tips on how to deal with these types of clients? She has kept her appointment for next week, which seems positive. I’ve advised her to use plenty of hand cream and cuticle oil until then, as picking it Of can damage the nails. I just feel though it’s a waste of time doing it when they pick it off.

That's human nature for you!
  • Remind her that shellac is only promoted as a 2 week system (so if she's left it longer than that, then tell her to book fortnightly - the thought of not going 3 weeks might stop her picking!)
  • Huff and puff a bit when she next comes in about the roughness of her nails, blah blah...
  • Sell her the matching Vinylux colour so she can paint the missing shellac nails and get through to her next booking
  • Tell her if she keeps picking the gel off, you'll need to do IBX on her at an extra cost of £x each time!

Don't worry too much, as long as she's coming back and paying you for another set, it's her responsibility to look after them.
:)

That's human nature for you!
  • Remind her that shellac is only promoted as a 2 week system (so if she's left it longer than that, then tell her to book fortnightly - the thought of not going 3 weeks might stop her picking!)
  • Huff and puff a bit when she next comes in about the roughness of her nails, blah blah...
  • Sell her the matching Vinylux colour so she can paint the missing shellac nails and get through to her next booking
  • Tell her if she keeps picking the gel off, you'll need to do IBX on her at an extra cost of £x each time!

Don't worry too much, as long as she's coming back and paying you for another set, it's her responsibility to look after them.
:)

Ah thank you! That’s really helpful advice. I think I will definitely think about adding ibx to my treatments in January!

Latest posts

Back