When did you start talking like a tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetyStacey

Reaction score
Just sitting here at 02.15am watching CND's videos on youtube and listening to Jan Arnold talking is great, makes you feel inspired and get excited about nails.

So when did you realise that you started talking like a nail tech? By this I mean when somebody asks you about nails you start going on long winded speeches about the science, about the detail and about how much more techs do than "just paint nails".

I'm not quite there yet I don't think..but i'm getting there!

I'm long way away but I'm curious what everyone else will say :) x

I did this in the beginning but to be honest it justs bores people to death! lol

If they are generally interested then yes i will go more in depth about nails but more often than not, people just want a straight to the point answer.

I did this in the beginning but to be honest it justs bores people to death! lol

If they are generally interested then yes i will go more in depth about nails but more often than not, people just want a straight to the point answer.
:lol: too true! I just "greg" it up when asked. I get enthusiastic and dumb it down to simple answers. If they keep asking more about it in interest, then i get geeky.

I do it too and I can't help it lol! Whenever somebody mentions nails I get all geeky about application, difference in products I find my self pushing my services on people. I have recently re-trained and am planning to start my own business but my confidence is rubbish. I was at a birthday party the other day and one of the mothers mentioned nails and I found my self going a bit over board talking nails and every body just looked at me. I thought OMG I have done it again I wanted to hide lol.xx

Lol this is good guys. Jo and Chicka, I guess theres a reason this forum is called Nail geek :p

Karen, you're right about some people getting bored if you go on and on, but I'd think that people who are reguarly getting their nails done and like having nice nails would be quite interested in knowing about the service. I go into my hair salon to get my hair done and ask the stylist about stuff and it's like an educational lesson for the 3 hours!

Chicka, I was almost amused when I was watching gregs videos..it's almost alien to listen to a guy be so excited about nails lol.

Oh dear I do it all the time and it normally falls on deaf ears (that mostly being my boyfriend).

I do find a lot of my clients are interested if I tell them a little bit about what I'm doing though, which is nice :)
Rhiannon x

Oh dear I do it all the time and it normally falls on deaf ears (that mostly being my boyfriend).

I do find a lot of my clients are interested if I tell them a little bit about what I'm doing though, which is nice :)
Rhiannon x

Haha yeah, I was talking to my mate online about a new craze that was going on in the industry and he very bluntly said "I don't even care" so that was me put in my place!

Haha yeah, I was talking to my mate online about a new craze that was going on in the industry and he very bluntly said "I don't even care" so that was me put in my place!

Awww that's mean!
My boyfriend is much better than he used to be, since I told him I didn't care about the football score if he didn't care about me talking about nails! Haha!
Rhiannon x

What sort of things do you say?? What is 'nail speak'?

xx

Latest posts

Back