When do you say enough is enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabellamae

Reaction score
I started in this industry saying I would only do nails I don't want to be a 'jack of all trades blah blah blah.....' Well, now I do nails, tanning and LVL lashes and all I can think is I NEED to add waxing!!

All of my treatments are busy and used and I do get asked a lot if I wax. Should I add another treatment of am I starting to go over board?

Is a 'one stop shop' positive or negative? Xx

I started in this industry saying I would only do nails I don't want to be a 'jack of all trades blah blah blah.....' Well, now I do nails, tanning and LVL lashes and all I can think is I NEED to add waxing!!

All of my treatments are busy and used and I do get asked a lot if I wax. Should I add another treatment of am I starting to go over board?

This is exactly what I did with the exact same treatments as you! I trained in waxing last September and added kim lawless intimate waxing in February and now I hardly ever do any nails anymore, it's mostly waxing and tanning. If you are confident in everything you already doing and have a client base that's wanting the waxing then why not? I think people like to go to one person for everything. This is just my experience so far though. I'm sure there maybe lots of other opinions too.

If you're confident in the treatments you already offer and have space for more clients if you were to train in a new treatment then go for it. Most of my clients never book in for just one treatment - I offer nails, lash extensions, LVL, HD Brows, waxing, spray tanning, skin tightening, ultrasonic cavitation & fat freezing and am fully booked all the time! x

Aww thank you for the replies!! Yes I could fit more in I'm quiet busy but always room for more!! 😉 and I'm not sure if I could grow much more with my current treatments!! Xx

I think the more you offer, the more clients you will attract, having said that we don't want to spread ourselves too thinly and be average at everything. As said before, if you're confident in each treatment and good at it that's the time to add more. Personally I find it addictive and I'll never stop learning. I also think it stops you from getting bored as there's always something new to do.
I would say go for it. Xx

If you have clients asking for it, then go for it! It's only waxing, and offering that, nails, tanning & lashes is not going overboard! In fact you will find it's more convenient for your clients to get it all done in one salon, plus you can put some great packages together. Seriously think about it and if you do decide to add waxing consider offering intimate waxing as well £££££ :green:

xXx

I think you can train in a lot of areas and still be an excellent therapist. I can only think of a couple of geeks on here who have totally made a career out of just nails, or just waxing.

I trained in holistics about 17 years ago, and was completely committed to being an holistic therapist. Beauty wasn't for me, it was way too lightweight - or so I thought!

17 years down the line, and I have my own salon offering waxing, intimate wax, manis, pedis, eye treatments, HD brows, make up, facials and so on.

I would never have grown in the way I have if I had remained an holistic therapist. I absolutely love pretty much all the treatments I do, although some more than others. When I trained as a beauty therapist in 2001, I hated waxing - I now love it. I only trained in intimate last year - love it!

You may surprise yourself, and find that you love something more than nails - or you may not, but most of my clients don't go anywhere else....we are a one stop shop!!!

Pay for the best training you can - don't go for what's on your doorstep. Accept you have to travel to learn with the best!

Good luck

Vicki x

Aww thank you all, I feel better about it hearing your opinions!! Xx

I've been doing training courses for the last 24 years. Fashions change, you change, opportunities come to you. So I haven't got to the stage of saying enough is enough.

I started from a simple base of good education and over years went and did more and tried out new treatments

over the last year or so I've found my niche and what I love most and started to chop out some of the treatments that I'm not 190% amazing or in love with

for example I did lash extensions and pursued that for 1-2 years before making final decision they weren't for me

same with full on luxury pedicures

I think its good to experiment and find your loves and strengths

Latest posts

Back