When he's more groomed than you

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyfeet

Reaction score
I'm curious as we're all in an industry that promotes looking our best, do you like a man that visits the salon to look his best?
I think it's great that these days men can take so much pride in their appearance- from facials, to manicures to spray tans to waxing. However personally, I'd have four kittens and a cow if Mr Happyfeet came home one day telling me he'd booked himself in to the local beauty salon for 2 simple reasons ;)

1) The pressure- how do I keep up with that!? That's not to say I don't take pride in my appearance, because I really do- unless like today when I'm chilling in my pjs, with no make up on, with a mass of were-hair. Christ I would have to knock that on the head if Mr H got all groomed on me now wouldn't I!? But I can't have him looking more presentable than me, I quite like being the nicely coiffured one ;)

2) I would never wish for any poor beauty therapist to have to tackle my husbands bodily hair- of which he has plenty. . . like everywhere! Being a British/Egyptian and having the typical wirey Middle Eastern hair, I pity the poor lass or gent that has to deal with my very own King Kong! He's also a total wimp and can't even take it when I tweeze his ear hair... hang on he is handsome, I'm making him sound a little gruesome he's not, just... a little neglected shall we say.

I once dated a guy who lived up north, I met him on holiday and when he came down to see me he always got a few sunbeds before we met up in London. I used to pull his leg something rotten about it. I asked him why and he told me I'd only ever seen him tanned. I told him not to be so ridiculous, to which he replied, "it's ok for you, you're as white as they come... even when you were on holiday"... the cheek of it!

So geeks, do you love a well groomed man, or like me, do you prefer to be the pretty one? ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
My husband is an electrician and a nail biter, he has rough skin from his job too...sigh!

I quite like my men a bit rough and ready though so that's fine by me. I suggested a manicure once when I was training, you'd of thought I suggested stiletto enhancements with swarovski in hot pink from him reaction!

He secretly loves a spray tan though lol

I love that my boyfriend is conscious of what he wears, he likes to look after his figure and keeps his hair trimmed and tidy, I've recently got him into the odd spray tan if he's feeling "a bit pale" but he still has a bit of "rough" about him, always stubly, never clean shaven, he's an engineer so always has slightly rough hands, etc. Id say he's the best combination of "manly" and "groomed" xx

My 15 year old son is starting to tweezers his eyebrows, has a rigorous routine for his skin and is forever taking himself off for hair cuts when I don't even think he needs one, but he has to look constantly sharp. Not to mention the constant clothes shopping. It's exhausting, and there are days when I can't even be bothered to comb my hair :eek: but I do make effort most days, so it's not too bad.

The other men in the family, well, let's just say if you guys want volunteers for male waxing practice, they would be perfect practice pads in all areas !! It's just that they wouldn't want it done... shame. :irked:

My husband is an electrician and a nail biter, he has rough skin from his job too...sigh!

I quite like my men a bit rough and ready though so that's fine by me. I suggested a manicure once when I was training, you'd of thought I suggested stiletto enhancements with swarovski in hot pink from him reaction!

He secretly loves a spray tan though lol

Haha love it! No need for a spray tan with my brown berry of a husband, bet he does do a bloody good spray tan on me!

I love that my boyfriend is conscious of what he wears, he likes to look after his figure and keeps his hair trimmed and tidy, I've recently got him into the odd spray tan if he's feeling "a bit pale" but he still has a bit of "rough" about him, always stubly, never clean shaven, he's an engineer so always has slightly rough hands, etc. Id say he's the best combination of "manly" and "groomed" xx

Manly and groomed is good. My hubby and clothes, bless him, I'll never forget his hideous brown leather coat he used to wear when we first started going out. I 'accidentally' threw it one day when we were moving house ;) To this day he still maintains it was the most stylish coat he ever owned. . . and well, that would explain a lot! ;)

I'm far more groomed than my imaginary girlfriend.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

My other half is also an engineer, he does have a serious mono so I do have to sort him out for that! I'm also doing a course of microdermabrasion on his back ready for holiday as he has some acne scaring, apart from that I mostly just get moaned at that I don't give him enough massage!

Lol yes we have to keep an eye on his Noel Gallaghers- mind you Mr H has fab eyebrows apart from that. Give them a tidy and he'd have a marvellous pair of HD brows. He's passed them on to my son. I'm so jealous of their beautiful brows and naturally tanned all year round skin... the swines ;) xxx

Haha love it! No need for a spray tan with my brown berry of a husband, bet he does do a bloody good spray tan on me!

Oh yeah my hubby is amazing at spray tanning me, would never let anyone else do it, he has commented that it's a bit like spraying the fence....dunno if that's cos I'm so wide lol

My partner is very well groomed, we have 1 day a week (usually a Monday) where I pluck his eye brows, pluck his nipples(!!) and in the summer tan him, and cut his hair, he spends hours in the shower and ages afterwards using moisturisers and smellies! X

Mines a scruffy beggar, but I have caught him applying (my) gradual self-tanning lotion to his face, bald head and neck in the past.

My hubby wouldn't entertain male grooming. He is not impressed by it at all! It took a long time to even get him to wear aftershave which he does everyday now! With regard to clothes, thank god he has me to keep him right! When he is dressed he always looks great though! On the other hand, my 23 year old son is so into looking after himself. He is immaculate, has great taste in clothes and always looks and smells gorgeous and so does the house when he is around. Great thread :biggrin:!

Mine is rough and ready - couldnt be with someone who tanned and spent ages blooking in the mirror. The only body hair I allow him to remove is eh....

Mine is rough and ready - couldnt be with someone who tanned and spent ages blooking in the mirror. The only body hair I allow him to remove is eh....

Haha gotta have a bit of manscaping lol

My bf is addicted to his Ghd's, and would never dream of leaving the house in anything less than a shirt (won't wear tshirts at all!) even if it's a dash to the corner shop. Whereas on my days off sometimes my hair won't even see a brush :S

I'm far more groomed than my imaginary girlfriend.

How funny..

My imaginary boyfriend is far more groomed than me lol.

I am a poor advert for beauty.. :eek:
I don't wear make up unless going out.
I'm just growing my nails.... Again!!
My toe nails are pretty tho :)
My red hair comes from a box.
Clothes are a waste of fabric..
Sarongs/maxi dresses and flip flops are all thats needed.

It wouldn't bother me if I had a guy into his grooming.
Actually all my male friends are more groomed than me, I'm always offering to get them waxed, manicured, massaged... Manicure n massage is popular :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

My hubby spends 3 times as long getting ready than me. His shower routine takes about an hour. He has a self tanning moisturiser, all the mens Clinique skincare range. He has a little shaver thingy that he does god only knows what with. He sprays himself with 5x the amount of body spray than required. He has about 10 different (top of the range) eau de toilettes. He only wears designer clothing and watch brands and drives a convertible sports car.

I'm like the poor cousin. Next to him I must look like his cleaner....or his mother.

My hubby spends 3 times as long getting ready than me. His shower routine takes about an hour. He has a self tanning moisturiser, all the mens Clinique skincare range. He has a little shaver thingy that he does god only knows what with. He sprays himself with 5x the amount of body spray than required. He has about 10 different (top of the range) eau de toilettes. He only wears designer clothing and watch brands and drives a convertible sports car.

I'm like the poor cousin. Next to him I must look like his cleaner....or his mother.

Now this has made me LOL
Was gonna say does he have ANY time or money to spend on you after all that?!

My husband routine is basic and that suits me. He rings to get a haircut the same week that he realises his hair is getting way too long and he manages to get a slot. He never saw an iron after leaving home until he changed career and had to wear a uniform, now they've changed the uniform top and the new one doesn't need ironing so he never sees the iron anymore.

I think he rebels on his days off as the stubble grows and everything goes to pot after spending six days on shift having to look smart. When he was choosing what to wear for Valentines he asked me what he should wear and I said whatever you feel comfortable in. I'm glad to say that he was savvy enough to choose a jumper that required no ironing.

I would feel a bit uncomfortable if his routine was full on or more than mine, although it would be nice if he took care of the random stray eyebrow hairs that I seem to be able to spot from ten feet away, :eek:

Now this has made me LOL
Was gonna say does he have ANY time or money to spend on you after all that?!

No. :cry::cry:

Which is why Valentines day was spent LOOKING at jewellery rather than buying and I got a chicken burger as my romantic meal out.

Just don't go there......:mad::irked::irked:

Latest posts

Back