When I visit a salon I love it when...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

CND EA. Essie Spokesperson
Reaction score
While browsing I just saw this thread in the hair section

''When I visit a salon I hate it when ...''

I'd really like to change this title and lets get positive juices flowing :Love:rather than negative rants ....:evil: We may even benefit from the ideas
So......
When I visit a nail salon I LOVE it when, the nail professional welcomes me personally, takes my coat for me and sits down and consults with me.

I love a complimentary handmassage at the end of my treatment and I like when the nail professional helps me again with my coat before leaving.

I love it when I'm made to feel like Im worth it ;)
What about YOU ..what do you LOVE about going to a Nail Salon ?

I love it when I'm greater with a warm smile and a hi take a seat I will only be a moment (if no one is free) if they are then they welcome them and sit with them for their quick consult before moving them to the unit ready for their consultation :)

I love it when I'm treated like a new client every time I visit the salon. Smile, handshake, professional language, consultation and most importantly not taken for granted ;)

I love it when I am treated like I am genuinely welcome

While browsing I just saw this thread in the hair section

''When I visit a salon I hate it when ...''

I'd really like to change this title and lets get positive juices flowing :Love:rather than negative rants ....:evil: We may even benefit from the ideas
So......
When I visit a nail salon I LOVE it when, the nail professional welcomes me personally, takes my coat for me and sits down and consults with me.

I love a complimentary handmassage at the end of my treatment and I like when the nail professional helps me again with my coat before leaving.

I love it when I'm made to feel like Im worth it ;)
What about YOU ..what do you LOVE about going to a Nail Salon ?

My thread is about understanding what a clients sees and feels whilst in a salon, stylists don't always pick up on as they are busy and in the same environment everyday,

It was to help us and think oh I never thought of that!!

I love it when I'm treated like a new client every time I visit the salon. Smile, handshake, professional language, consultation and most importantly not taken for granted ;)

This is something I aim to do with all my ladies, yer you have the familiarity but that so what would you like to have done today? Fancy a change? How was everything last time etc etc etc

My thread is about understanding what a clients sees and feels whilst in a salon, stylists don't always pick up on as they are busy and in the same environment everyday,

I don't think this thread was aimed as a dig at yours Hun, just a different take on it, I think it's good to have both to be honest, but at the same time in concentrating on not doing all the negatives sides we may lose focus on the positives... So I'm glad we have both threads now :)

I think it's lovely when a really nice choice of drinks in nice cups is offered!! Am talking tea not champers ;-) And nice smells in the air from essential oils! Xx

Heya, I'm sorry if you took that personally, it wasnt meant like that really. perhaps I felt rather than concentrating on what is not good we could bring ideas to each other by focusing on what we could do more of /improve on ...
Most people who are doing the exact things your thread focuses on probably dont have a clue a forum like this even exists. Most people who read and respond to threads here are indeed people exactly like you who do want to improve and learn and give their best.

But I bet, both threads will make interesting reading ... ;)

:hug:

I love it when.....I'm not made to feel stupid when doing something new.

Like..."do I take my knickers off for a Brazilian?". Lol! I seriously didn't know what to expect that first time!

I like it when the therapist/manicurist tells you exactly what you need to know so you don't feel like a div and do something stupid.

I like it when they remember me. Asking me how something I mentioned at my last appointment went or something. It makes me feel like I'm not just a random punter. (and for this reason I write a wee note on my record card each visit if there's anything I want to remember about the customer for next time- a wedding or party they've mentioned, that they have children, what their job is etc).

I like it when they remember me. Asking me how something I mentioned at my last appointment went or something. It makes me feel like I'm not just a random punter. (and for this reason I write a wee note on my record card each visit if there's anything I want to remember about the customer for next time- a wedding or party they've mentioned, that they have children, what their job is etc).

I do this in my notes too x

I love it when....

If I'm not in a particulary chatty mood I'm not made to feel like i have to talk and I can relax with no awkward silences :)

I love it when it feels like the first time every time!

I have been going to my stylist for 15 years every week. I'm never taken for granted and it always feels like a fresh experience ... Now THAT takes some doing!

I love being given time! I hate to feel rushed out of the door when my appointment is finished.

I love it when they just get on with what they're doing - I love being glam but apart from a nice massage, I hate being pampered! I'm sure I'm one on my own though.. :D

I can only echo everyone else!

I love it when they greet me by name and remember something about me. I also love it when they take their time and don't just rush me through like another number. I like being able to have a little chat as well.

I hate it when there is hair/any dirt/used cups visible - that's a salon-sacking offence :eek:

I also hate it when people are stuffing their faces at their desks - just go to the staff room? Or have the smell of stale smoke.

Oooh! I also hate - really, really despise - when all they do is sell to me. Obviously it's a vital part of salon life, and I totally understand it's part of the job, but at the expense of real customer care? No thanks :rolleyes: I went into a salon once when my regular stylist had left. I was still grieving this as he was an amazing stylist, but he had assured me that the girl was just as good as him. ALL she did, for the whole appointment - which she was running late for anyway - was sell to me. She didn't ask me how I was, just telling me every single product that she stocked and how much it was for, and all about every electrical item she sold but, it doesn't matter if you can't afford them now, we have a christmas savings club, etc, etc, talking ten-to-the-dozen all the while. I actually felt worse than when I went in! :o

Latest posts

Back