When one gives up smoking....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was just an odd one probably because my boyfriend had to work away for the night so I didn't have anyone to talk to, I find that when I am on my own I start thinking about them. But when he seriously pisses me off (probably because he's giving up too and men are miserable sods at the best of times!) I really want one because I know it will annoy him, yes I can be very childish in that way lol

I stopped smoking on 16th November last year, and my partner a week before that.

I've had my moments when I could have easily caved in and lit one up, especially when I've been stressed but I can honestly say that most of the time it's fine.

I'd been smoking 20 a day for about 15 years and I was extremely addicted to nicotine; I couldn't function at all without a cigarette.

The only drawback for me has been weight gain (which I can do without as I'm not exactly skinny anyway!) Despite this, everyone still praises me assures me I have done a wonderful thing in 'giving up'.

Oh, also I still feel an underlying irritability most of the time, but I'm hoping this will go eventually...

I admire anyone who quits as it's one of the hardest things to do and keep up.

I tried with Allen carrs book but failed :( so this evening on way home from work Ive bought patches and the inhalitor and ready to start again, Im hoping that i can succeed.

I made the mistake last night of telling hubby that I was no longer smoking and he was disgusted today that i had two cigs so know Ive got to get my house in order and give up.

Good luck on all of you who have achieved this and hopefully i will be one of you soon!

:hug:

Hi,

Me and my hubby smoke about 30 a day each!!! Before christmas we went to the doctors and she gave us some tablets (no idea what they were called) You start taking them and over the first two weeks you slowly cut down so you have stopped by the 14th day. The first week was great, we really cut down and didn't really want one much (Ithink we only had them because they were there!) Anyway it got the second week and the dosage was higher, I have never felt so ill, I nearly fainted in the shower, it made me feel horribly sick and altogether unwell. We went back to the doctors and she gave us patches but we haven't even tried them, they are sat in the cupboard so .. yes you guessed it we carried on smoking. We are both going to try and stop, especially as I am doing a nail course and also some other courses and my hubby is training as a Scuba Diving Instructor. I know this won't help you but we will try

Well done to everyone who has stopped.

I gave up in june then started again in oct I was on the patches I have tried again but have failed. I am determined I will stop but the craving are just too much atm.

I quit a three pack a day smoking habit with hypnosis. The key is, you really have to WANT to quit. It helped me tremendously with cravings. I believe with my whole heart that if I had not done hypnosis, I'd still be a smoker.

I've been smoke free since Oct. 28, 1991! :)

Latest posts

Back