when to spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Im off on hols soon and was wanting a spray tan my question is when should I get it done? A couple of days before or the night before and I have never had one before so will it wear off gradually or go streaky on me ? Any advice please, I know Ive read somewhere that you have to exfoliate prior to having a spray tan am I right?

Hi Paulette

I suggest that you have your tan the day before you are due to go on your holiday and that you exfoliate & do any hair removal the day before your tan. Good preparation will make your tan wear better as will a good moisturising routine following the time you shower off the initial colourguide.

There are many tans on the market, some are really natural looking and wear off really well others can be more fake looking and not all will have such good fade off qualities. Make sure your therapist is properly trained and selects a solution which is suited to your skin type.

If you want any other info, please feel free to ask, although I am sure you will get a lot of help from the geeks on here.

Have a great holiday!

Kind regards

Mandy

Hi Paulette,

I would agree with Mandy on everything she has said but would add: remember that you spray tan will not contain any SPF so you should wear sunscreen when outside. Your sunscreen may cause your tan to go patchy depending on the ingredients in it and also chemicals in the swimming pool will also strip your tan quicker and may cause patchiness. Remember to keep moisturing after your showers too.

And finally...... HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY.

Latest posts

Back