When you don't know where to start?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
An old school friend said his mum was a bit down about her nails so I said tell her to come see me Friday and ill have a look!

So perhaps I'm panicking too much but I just didn't know where to start! She's scared of cuticle nippers after a nasty experience!

For now I have filed them and shellacked them and said I would see her next week but I was wondering what other geeks would do to make this very special lady feel good about herself again!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362171658.598571.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362171658.598571.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 243
I'm sure that treatment was exactly what she needed as a pick me up. That's lovely of you. If i wanted to make it really special, i would do my deluxe shellac treatment which includes a hand exfoliation, massage, paraffin wax treatment and serum. However, i'm sure just having her nails done nicely and a good chat and relax with you has done her the world of good! You can approach using cuticle nippers when she's feeling a bit more confident with you xx

I'm sure that treatment was exactly what she needed as a pick me up. That's lovely of you. If i wanted to make it really special, i would do my deluxe shellac treatment which includes a hand exfoliation, massage, paraffin wax treatment and serum. However, i'm sure just having her nails done nicely and a good chat and relax with you has done her the world of good! You can approach using cuticle nippers when she's feeling a bit more confident with you xx

Thank you. I'm just not confident her shellac will last as she was wary of my curette too x

She's so lovely. But there were all diff lengths and just generally in dire need x

Well I wouldn't use nippers for a start, they open the skin up to infection.

I'd love to get my paws on these! I would tip the shorter ones and make them the same length as the longer ones (you could cut down and tip all of them but lots of ladies like to keep the length they've struggled to grow). They could do with a bit of tapering towards the tip end as well, as her nails tend to widen out, this would make them look more elegant.

I'd then overlay with acrylic, either natural and use a polish of her choice, or use pink and white acrylic for a permanent French. I would choose a soft squoval shape for this lady to mimic the shape of her cuticles.

Latest posts

Back