When you first started out, did you offer nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucysmam

Reaction score
That's it really. A friend has said I can use her nails as much and as often as I want to practise manicures/acrylics so long as her nails look presentable when I'm finished (which is what I'm hoping for!!)

I just wondered, when you had your first clients, did you offer nail art or not?

Thank-you

No I didn't , I tried to stick to the pink and whites to make sure they were getting beter, although a wee gem or a few flicks with acrylic paint I did, once I felt I was getting a bit better I started to experiment, and still am experimenting lol, good luck with your practicing, great to have a friend thats going to let you get the practice in! x

I just hope she feels as positive about it as I do once I do a set of acrylics tomorrow!

Makes sense to stick to the basics at first, thanks for taking the time to reply x

Bit off topic but had a sneeky at your website... really like it and your gallery pics are great :D

No I didn't , I tried to stick to the pink and whites to make sure they were getting beter, although a wee gem or a few flicks with acrylic paint I did, once I felt I was getting a bit better I started to experiment, and still am experimenting lol, good luck with your practicing, great to have a friend thats going to let you get the practice in! x

I would concentrate on getting your nails right first before putting pressure on yourself with nail art...one step at a time. :)

I agree, become confident in the basics to start with, you'll soon get the hang of it, plus the extra pressure isn't needed when you start out :) xo

In my neck of the woods...Rural Norfolk (!) I don't get much of a call for nail art and therefore only carry a few gems and decals and that's after 7.5 years as a nail tech, but I think you need to gauge it to your market in your area, if you get lots of requests, it'd make sense to go on a course or two, but always get the basics spot on first.:D

thanks all, I'll just stick to acrylic and basic manicures for the time being until I'm completely confident in those!

Might have to have a go on some tips though, there's some fab designs around (not that I expect to produce anything quite so spectacular, but you never know!)

Latest posts

Back