Where am I going wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jospurs

Reaction score
Did my first client set of L&P today and they went very well but after applying acrylic i had a bit of filing to do.

My bead looks fine b4 I put it on but it seems to set very quickly any ideas why?

I also have a problem with getting it smooth am I putting too much pressure on the brush?

Thanks

Jo xx

What are you using? Who did you train with?

Hi Geeg

I am using NSI Attraction and trained with a lady who owns a salon in Dover.

Jo x

Hi Geeg

I am using NSI Attraction and trained with a lady who owns a salon in Dover.

Jo x

Did the lady give you a recognised certificate of education?

Yes she did. I sent it to CND and they accepted it so it must be recognised.

Jo

Yes she did. I sent it to CND and they accepted it so it must be recognised.

Jo

Well that is good. :lol:
OK to your questions.

Products set faster if the clients hands are very warm or if the room is very warm or if the liquid is warm. Do any of those things sound right? Were you perhaps working under a vry warm light?

Your problem of gettingit smooth is more likely due to the fact that it was setting before you could smooth it.

If it is warm you have to work much faster so that the product doesn't set before you are finished working it.

Hi Geeg

Yes that sounds right! I am using just an ordinary lamp so should I get a proper one? The clients hands were quite warm so was the room.

Jo

Hi Geeg

Yes that sounds right! I am using just an ordinary lamp so should I get a proper one? The clients hands were quite warm so was the room.

Jo

Well that was the problem. You would be better off with a lamp that is not so warm or move it further away from the vicinity of your application.

Mind you, you have to learn to adapt to different temperatures and go with the flow. xx

Hi Geeg

Jo
I just worked through a heatwave.. and let me just say having a lamp that had two setting helped!

i had two weeks where the average temp of my room was around 31-35 degrees.. and i had to learn to adjust and work very quick..(yes i have airconditioning.. but like i said HEATWAVE) the daylight lamps are fantastic..

OK Great Thanks I will change my lamp!

Jo x

I dont have air conditioning at home so what I do on hot days or nights if put my container of monomer into a small bowl and pack ice around it. Works a treat.

Freezing a really wet flannel and placing it in the freezer, the placing my monomer on that helps me during the really hot days..

When doing a client who has a higher body temp them normal.. and they are not that rare.. its a good idea to hold there hands as little as possible.. and using a weat bag kept in the freezer under their towel.

Cool ideas Aussie Geeks!! (get it ?? COOL ideas!!) I bet all the technicians in Britain wish they had your kind of problems :lol: Usually our kind of problem is keeping the buggers warm!!

Latest posts

Back