Where can I buy Nail Tek Natural Alternative Kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazlady

Reaction score
I have been searching long and hard for a Salon in Virginia that carries and applies the Nail Tek Natural Alternative as seen on http://www.nailtek.com/na%20splash.htm. I have not been successful. Does anybody know a website where I can buy the product for a low cost?

Please help me...I am not a licensed technican, but I want to buy the product. I am tired of wearing acrylics (my nails are thin when I take them off).

just had a look at the website, what an interesting idea,havent seen this before,does anyone think its resin and activator?

regards tracey.

alan roy supply it in the u.k, but it is a professional product.

does Alan Roy supply in USA? What is his phone or website?

I bought this kit along time ago from Alan Roy. Rang up to buy some Nailtek treatments and got talked into buying the Natural Alternative System - well they did make it sound sooo good and totally what every nail tech needed - gullible? Not I!!!

Well, in my humble opinion it is a total and utter waste of money! Why?

Firstly, the tips. Yuk! They are applied under the nail and are extremely difficult to fit. They more often than not have to be tailored to fit properly otherwise they really hurt - honestly - aaargh :-( It took me a fair long time to get them fitting snug as a bug not to mention the high volume of tips I wasted in the process! You only get 70 and I used 'xx' amount to get my first decent set so wasn't best pleased.......

Then you simply apply their 'special' resin to build up the extended tip to level with the edge of your natural nail - thus eliminating the 'ledge' - if you get my drift.

Then you use their 'special' activator to quick dry the resin.

I say 'special' cos it must be! - the kit cost me an arm and a leg! Personally speaking like, I think you could use any thick resin and any activator and get the same result - perhaps I am being cynical here?

When buffed smooth you then apply Nailtek base coat and treatment (which is what I was originally ordering anyway so I got 2 of those in the end :-()

Oh and I forgot to mention the video - yes well, the video was American and wouldn't play on my video recorder so I rang them up and they sent me a CD.

Well, by the time that arrived I had used it and was only too happy to sell it on - for a lot less than I paid for it unhappily!

So, my advice is - if you want to try this system - you can adapt your own natural nail tips so that they can be applied under the nail , use your own usual resin and activator, and apply a base coat and nail strengthener and save yourself over £50.00. Finally see what you think....... you may be disappointed! Or perhaps it really is the best thing since sliced bread - you decide.......

jazlady said:
does Alan Roy supply in USA? What is his phone or website?

Nope, never heard of Alan Roy in the US. Nail Tek is a professional product, not something you'll be able to get at a Sally's. Your best bet is to find a nail tech who uses the product and discuss it with her/him. I personally don't know of anyone who uses it so I can only assume it might be a challenge to find someone who carries it. It's possible that you can talk someone into letting them 'practice' on you for a reduced price if you really want to try it out on your own nails. Kinda like getting a discount for being a trial run! Best of luck, jus2kewt in FL

How do I find the nail supports and resin that they use? If I order it from beautyofasite.com how do I know what size to get? Can you help me? I am tired of wearing acrylics and this is the only way I know to go natural without that empty nail feeling. Please help.

chris6080 said:
I bought this kit along time ago from Alan Roy. Rang up to buy some Nailtek treatments and got talked into buying the Natural Alternative System - well they did make it sound sooo good and totally what every nail tech needed - gullible? Not I!!!

Well, in my humble opinion it is a total and utter waste of money! Why?

Firstly, the tips. Yuk! They are applied under the nail and are extremely difficult to fit. They more often than not have to be tailored to fit properly otherwise they really hurt - honestly - aaargh :-( It took me a fair long time to get them fitting snug as a bug not to mention the high volume of tips I wasted in the process! You only get 70 and I used 'xx' amount to get my first decent set so wasn't best pleased.......

Then you simply apply their 'special' resin to build up the extended tip to level with the edge of your natural nail - thus eliminating the 'ledge' - if you get my drift.

Then you use their 'special' activator to quick dry the resin.

I say 'special' cos it must be! - the kit cost me an arm and a leg! Personally speaking like, I think you could use any thick resin and any activator and get the same result - perhaps I am being cynical here?

When buffed smooth you then apply Nailtek base coat and treatment (which is what I was originally ordering anyway so I got 2 of those in the end :-()

Oh and I forgot to mention the video - yes well, the video was American and wouldn't play on my video recorder so I rang them up and they sent me a CD.

Well, by the time that arrived I had used it and was only too happy to sell it on - for a lot less than I paid for it unhappily!

So, my advice is - if you want to try this system - you can adapt your own natural nail tips so that they can be applied under the nail , use your own usual resin and activator, and apply a base coat and nail strengthener and save yourself over £50.00. Finally see what you think....... you may be disappointed! Or perhaps it really is the best thing since sliced bread - you decide.......

Since you're not a licensed tech and don't have good access to the product, let alone the training to apply and maintain the product, you might consider wraps (fiberglass or silk) as another alternative to acrylic. Surely there are Techs in VA who do some beautiful, durable enhancements without doing any damage to your nailbed. It doesn't have to, shouldn't hurt to have artificial nail services... if it does, you've got the wrong tech! Really though, i know this isn't exactly the answer you were looking for but good luck to you!

I am afraid I do not know where these items can be purchased in the US. When I bought the kit over here in the UK there was a box of 70 assorted size tips included. They were very expensive to purchase refills too which again put me off pursuing this system.
I suspect you have perhaps tried growing your own nails? I have found the Nailtek Formula II is very good for this purpose. The reason I rang Alan Roy in the first place was to buy some of this - and then I got talked in to trying the Natural Alternative Kit - to my great expense!

there are definately techs performing this service in the u.s, i have heard it mentioned plenty of times on beautytech.com. you could perhaps post on there to find someone in your area who can perform this type of enhancement professionally for you.

chris6080 said:
I am afraid I do not know where these items can be purchased in the US. When I bought the kit over here in the UK there was a box of 70 assorted size tips included. They were very expensive to purchase refills too which again put me off pursuing this system.
I suspect you have perhaps tried growing your own nails? I have found the Nailtek Formula II is very good for this purpose. The reason I rang Alan Roy in the first place was to buy some of this - and then I got talked in to trying the Natural Alternative Kit - to my great expense!
Hi Chris6080, hope your well?
Im sorry to hear you were so dissapointed with Nail Tek Alternatives, please give me a ring at work(im Kevin from Alan Roy by the way, I probably sold them you!!) and we will try and fit you onto the next FREE course and give you a bit more help with applying them should you need it. As a totally new sytem they are a bit of a bugger to master but the results are worth it. I have tried to explain to people that the system isnt going to be as strong as Acry/gel/fibr because they are a NOT like any of these systems and are really for people who want a transition from a 'sytem' to natural nails without losing the look of extensions. They also work really well for special occassions if the customer dosent want to have a 'full sytem' applied as they will not harm the natural nail if removed properly. Another excelent idea is to use them as supports for damaged nails so you dont have to lose the complete nail until it grows through (if that makes sense??) I have actually sold over 1000 kits and have only had 5 returned all due to to the damn video (it dosent play on older video machines) .....
Again sorry you feel so miffed, please call me and as usual I will do my best to help you.
Regards dragon

This is ridiculous...Is there anyone in USA that sells this Nail Tek Natural Alternative kit at a reasonably price? If so, what is the website, phone number, etc. I have tried beautyofasite.com they are a bit pricy when I know it is only $49.95 for Licensed Technicians. Does anybody know where I can buy this product for myself. I have tried contacting those nuckleheads at Nail Tek company but they offer NO support. I have even asked them what nail salons carry the product...they don't know...their distributors handles everything. They couldn't even give me the name of a distributor in my area that carries the product...Talk about stupid..yet they want you the consumer to buy their products....GEEEEZZZZ!. I am really begging...where can I find this...or Another alternative product (perhaps better than Nail Tek Natural Alternative)?

jazlady, there is a reason why you can't just go and purchase it anywhere. Nail Techs spend time and money being trained to offer this product to you, the consumer. We are professionals. Bottom line here...if you aren't willing to pay a professional to apply the product of your choice, then you have to accept that you'll have to pay the big bucks to obtain the product without benefit of a Professional License.

"They also work really well for special occassions if the customer dosent want to have a 'full sytem' applied as they will not harm the natural nail if removed properly"

Kevin can we just point out here that No artificial nail system will harm the natural nail if applied and removed corectly!!!

Regards

It is not the point that I am not willing to pay for it at a Nail Salon...The problem is I can't find a Nail Salon in my area that carries the product. I have called and visited over 30 nail salons in my area with NO hope.. So you don't have to be RUDE :mad: . This is exactly the reason why I am search for this product so that I can buy it and put it on myself...SInce I can't find a salon in my area that uses the Nail Tek Natural Alternative program. :mad:

No salon will ever "carry" this product because it is NOT a retail product, it is NOT something you sell to clients. That would be cutting your own throat (selling a professional system to a non-professional) I am sorry that you cannot find any salons in your area that do not offer this service, but there may be a reason why they don't offer it..... have you ever thought of that? In any event, you won't find this product being sold in any salon simply because it is not a retail product, and in the US you cannot go to any supplier and buy it b/c they sell to licensed professionals only.

Again I state...If I can find a salon, then they can put it on for me and I would gladly pay....No salons in my area use the product therefore I am looking to buy it myself as another alternative.

Jazlady

Why don't you give Nailtiques nail treatment range a try. Within four to six weeks your nails will be well on the road to recovery, and no more acrylics required. I understand that you will not get the instant length to your nails but in time you will be so happy to have your own healthy nails that it won't matter. Just a suggestion.

Kind Regards

jazlady said:
This is ridiculous...Is there anyone in USA that sells this Nail Tek Natural Alternative kit at a reasonably price? If so, what is the website, phone number, etc. I have tried beautyofasite.com they are a bit pricy when I know it is only $49.95 for Licensed Technicians. Does anybody know where I can buy this product for myself. I have tried contacting those nuckleheads at Nail Tek company but they offer NO support. I have even asked them what nail salons carry the product...they don't know...their distributors handles everything. They couldn't even give me the name of a distributor in my area that carries the product...Talk about stupid..yet they want you the consumer to buy their products....GEEEEZZZZ!. I am really begging...where can I find this...or Another alternative product (perhaps better than Nail Tek Natural Alternative)?
Have you tried posting your question at http://www.beautytech.com/boards/nt-board/index.htm as there are loads of US technicians on there who may be able to point you in the right direction?

You may find the answer you are looking for there?

true true....im a fool......

Latest posts

Back