Where can i get Rhinestones\Gems for Lips ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JANEY K

Reaction score
I've heard of sugar sugar lip topping(it's not what i'm after) but I have been looking for rhinestone\gems used in make-up for a while . does any of you lovely geeks know where i can purchase like the attached pic from ??

tried MAC website but can't seem to find what i'm looking for.

Last edited:
sugar sugar lip topper is a glitter
i have all 5 and i love them
it from revlon but not sure this is what your looking for
this is the link to sugar sugar lip topper

Revlon - Sugar Sugar? Lip Topping - Cached

they are just the smallest size in swarovski stones....... if you have access to swarovski, you can get the stones.
It takes so long to do a set of lips though (about an hour), most of the pictures you see are photoshopped.

You can also purchase the centre of sequins (the hole they punch out), thay are also quite dazzling.

Gemstones ae the bigget ripoff in the nailworld, it's kinda like buying drugs (the closer you are to the kitchen) the cheaper they get. I get 1440 stones for the price that many buy 100.

Also in AUS, there is quite a high tax on them for nails, but if you use them for fashion/fabric, they fall into a different tax bracket and are much cheaper.

Get yourself some good quality gum arabic and take your time, do about 1.5 cms at a time (working from the outside in). You can also reuse them. (gum arabic rubs off between your fingers).

It's very difficult for the model to talk once it is done without sounding like like Vicky Pollard with an avocado seed in each cheek.:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys

it is for a photo shoot that i have to re-do thats reason i am wanting to use them (ended up using cake decor but couldn't get them to stick) the sugar sugar looks fab wild going to get some of these thank you for the link...also rhinestones & gum nailzoo

gonna post results when mission accomplished!

much appreciated guys x

I did this last year for a fashion show. used exactly what nailzoo said, however one model nealy choked on one lol!

I did this with gold foil and swarovski gemsand it took me 4 hours to do two girls! Never Ever want to do it again!

Try your local craft shop.

Kate

cheers kate ,i know craft shops do stuff like this just wasn't sure if you could put the gum onto the delicate skin on the lips & lol i'll remember not to keep from choking..thanks for tips and advice again guys xxx

Latest posts

Back