Where do you advertise for decent staff??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikkimatt

Reaction score
we are desperatley seeking a new nail technician for our salon on a self employed basis!
i just wondered if apart from advertising in our local paper how to go about getting someone! and where is the best place to look?
i thought people where crying out for jobs these days but it seems not, we just cant find anyone!!!!!
HELP:D

You can place a Recruitment ad on Beauty Guild : Home - Beauty Guild free of charge. Just login or register at the top of the homepage, go to 'Submit An Ad, and then complete the form.

we are desperatley seeking a new nail technician for our salon on a self employed basis!
i just wondered if apart from advertising in our local paper how to go about getting someone! and where is the best place to look?
i thought people where crying out for jobs these days but it seems not, we just cant find anyone!!!!!
HELP:D

Ring CND/Sweet Squared in Leeds. They often know who is looking for jobs and they have a notice board too for those seeking employment or wanting employees.

They can also recommend the best students to come and do an apprenticeship or work in the salon as a junior.

Last edited:
I tried!!!!! Think your site needs looking at! Either that or I'm being extremely thick.

Can you let me know what problems you had so that I can attempt to resolve them?

I registered, then was told to click on place an ad and couldnt find where to click! There was no obvious place an ad button to click on, so I gave up.

I registered, then was told to click on place an ad and couldnt find where to click! There was no obvious place an ad button to click on, so I gave up.

There is a menu on the left hand side of the page. 'Submit An Ad' is the last option.

will try again!

Yay! Ad placed!!!

why not try an agency?

By the time you've placed several ads in the paper the agency fees seem quite reasonable. The one I'm using doesn't charge until I've accepted and employed a therapist.

Can't help you with where to go I'm afraid, as I'm down in Kent.

Good luck - searching for staff is my most stressful aspect of running a salon.

Amanda

Latest posts

Back