Where to advertise?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisatrendy

Reaction score
Hello i'm new! I just wondered if i could get some advice from here? I have been doing hair extensions now for around 3 years. I want to build up my client database and even hopefully in the future do hair extensions full time! I just wondered, if you peeps are looking for hair extensions where abouts do you go? Gumtree, Yell.com? I want to advertise my services more effectively. Any advice you can give me on how to do so would be greatly appriciated.

Many thanks x

Hi and welcome.

Have you gone into the geekbay and looked around? Geekgallery might offer some help and the business section on here also.
Just go to Navigation at the top of the page.
Hope this helps..

I cant offer any advise as i dont do hair, but just wanted to welcome you to the site hun :hug:

awww hi everyone, thats so nice! havent gone into geekbay but will have a good look around this site! thanks for the tip about sassy hassys guide, i think thats encouraged me to put an ad in yellow pages.

Does any one where know a bit out salon chair renting? Basically this hairdressers in covent garden in london will let me take my own customers there and use their facilities etc but will take half of what i earn on the hair. Is there an actual benifit to this type of system? The lady said that if they get busy they will pass clients on to me which would be a bonus for me. I really want to build up my client database but need to know more information on salon chair renting.

Any one that can help me on that.. ive got hugs for u! :hug:

sorry about all the spelling mistakes, ive been up since 5:30!! :rolleyes:

Thank you so much, thats a big help, and you can advertise there free?

I need to do a portfolio, whats the most professional way? I was thinking of blowing my pictures up to A4 size and putting them in a big photo album, does that look professional? Any ideas?

dont for get to watermark your photos have u thought of making a post card with your work on it to send out a buisness card with your work on it welcome and im sure you will get a lot of help here its nice the hairgeek is starting to grow

sorry but whats watermark? a post card with all my work on it sounds like a fantastic idea!

welcome lisa,

what about this - its what i do.
I do a feed back form that ALL clients are asked to fill in as well as cons form It is stated on the form that answering is optional.
questions i ask inc what radio station, magazines, newspapers they use, where they shop with tick options such as sains, m & s or asda
Your existing customers are your target customers and if you already have them find out their habits - this could save you a lot in wasted advertising
you then advertise according to the info they give you.
one other very important question on form is how they heard about you.

if you do tick boxes it is very quick to fill in

also ask if they would be happy to recommend you and if they have (two sep questions)
Remember your clients are a walking advert for you so always strive to do they very best for them

Refer a friend could work well to

Hope this helps

:lol:Lublu

hi there try www.touchlocal.uk they are offering 12months free ads
:rolleyes::):Grope::Grope::smack::smack:
:hug: and you dont need a website

Hi, just wanted to ask you, do you only do hair extensions? And then cut them in with the rest of the hair?

My friend wants to get into hairdressing, and I suggested doing a hair extension course to start off with, until she has the time for hairdressing college.

What do you think?

thankyou

Latest posts

Back