Where to purchase 99% alcohol?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitkat68

Reaction score
I plan to start using 99% alcohol to dehydrate and cleanse the nail prior to fills. Where can this be purchased? Also, a nail tech recommended that I mix 50% of the alcohol with 50% pure acetone. What do you think? :)

I would do neither- go pick up a bottle of CND Scrubfresh, or something similar, and use that. Much better results! :)

99% alchol hey, let me know when u find sum.. glug glug glug :green: :eek:

I've got some cheap vodka I could lend you...but I want it back asap:)
Seriously...Mundo do a nail plate cleanser thats good value for money.
Depends what system you are using...eg Ezbond for EzFlow, Scrubfresh? (correct me if I'm wrong here CND users) for Creative etc.

Cheap vodka? I have orange juice! LOL!

OOPS, sorry off topic. *AHEM*

I plan to start using 99% alcohol to dehydrate and cleanse the nail prior to fills. Where can this be purchased? Also, a nail tech recommended that I mix 50% of the alcohol with 50% pure acetone. What do you think? :)

one question here...........................WHY

every company makes a product for this purpose, so why would you want to use something different?

im intriqued flower

You say in your profile that you have been in this industry since 1999, you should know about all the products that are available for this purpose,
i am not been funny with you at all, i just think you are posting questions that are along the same line of questioning that the newbies ask and this seems strange with all your experience

Cheap vodka? I have orange juice! LOL!

OOPS, sorry off topic. *AHEM*

SEE?? Vodka is a DRINK not a nail plate cleanser:lol:
Heather we can mix your OJ and my voddy love...just as long as you can carry me anyhoo:)

That's ok, and I understand where you are coming from! I actually started doing nails in 99, worked at a salon for a year, worked at another salon for a year, then worked for a cable company for 6 years while continuing to do nails at home on family and friends. Now that I am working in a salon again and want to be extremely good at what I do, I find myself asking all the questions I ever wondered but never knew who to ask. I never went to nail school, I went to cosmetology in high school and nails were not the focus, hair was. However I got grandfathered in and my cosmetology license is acceptable for me to do nails in a salon. So even though I have been "doing" nails since 99, In a way you can say that I am an experienced "newbie" so to speak. I am very happy to have found this forum and sorry if I am asking a ton of stupid questions, I am grateful to have this oportunity to ask all the questions I never knew who to ask! Thanks all :) P.S. My nails do not look like newbie nails at all, they are beautiful. But I am a perfectionist and I don't want to get back into this business doing things wrong like before. So who better to ask the things I am wondering but all you seasoned professionals.

They are not stupid questions hun if you don't know the answers,
and if you don't ask you will never find out so ask away,
i was confused because of your profile and decided to be nosy and ask about it :hug:

Latest posts

Back