Which colour brand to try?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettyboop

Reaction score
Hi first time post on here i wud love some advise i currently use loreal tints and redken demi's in the salon i work in. I also work mobile with the ranges. but am looking to leave the salon and will be without my beloved redken as they only retail to salons. So my question is i wud love to try another demi/semi range. Any one used redken and converted to another make? Or anyone who cud give advise on another range wud be great.Thanks

I too use shades EQ. There is nothing that I have found that compares.I think Wella do a semi range, hopefully there are some Wella users on here that can help.

I know 100% that redken only supply salons (with a long list of criteria attached). Unless you take your chances on fleabay there is no other way of getting it. Salons are forbidden from selling prof products and will lose their account licence if they do.
O'oreal is simply the umbrella company (they own most of the brands sold in the UK)

I use matrix. They have a fabulous range of colours and are so easy to use. they distribute them through ashton and fincher dont know if you have those in your area. Give them a go i have never looked back since using them x

Matrix is also owned by L'oreal! never tried their semi/demi's but will bow to your experience!

Is a demi a quasi? I use Wella Colour Touch, and I like it. The reds are vibrant, and the coverage is as ok as I believe you will get from a quasi on grey. They also do an intensive range for covering grey better, but I haven't tried this. I really like color touch, although on some people its staying quality is so good its maybe too good...feels kinda close to a permanent. I had a client in today who was in 3 weeks ago, I used 77/46 on her hair and I swear it looked brighter today than it did when I did it! :) xx

Thanks for all the replies Sallys have there vat free day tomorro so will buy some colour touch to play with. I usally use 7nb in redken alot which is great to break up blondes without going too dark and looking too warm. Also i use it as a toner ( with 8wg a golden copperblonde) to acheive a caramel blonde, if hair has been tinted and had to use bleach in high lites first to get a lift, this seems to be one of the most popular colour at the mo. Does anone have any wella colour touch favs that they wud think wud be good ones to try out? Can you use colour touch to tone too?

I would quite often use color fresh to tone (0/6 is great for getting a fresh, silvery tone) and another for shifting out stubborn reddy tones is 8/81 in the colour touch range...look on the chart it is pretty much grey, but its good for toning out any warmth. I like the warm browns like 5/37 (3 is gold and 7 is brunette) and also 6/71 is nice too (7 is brunette 1 is ash)

they also do relights which is advertised as an inbetween colours toner or a brightener for people who dont colour their hair, i usually use it on bleach to give a nice tone and it gives off great shine. have a look on the shade charts they should have in sallys. :D xx

Is a demi a quasi?
:) xx
Hi yes , that's right Kimi ,
I too class wella Color Touch as a Demi /Quasi Colour lasting around 15 to 24 washes (or more lol )

I would quite often use color fresh to tone (0/6 is great for getting a fresh, silvery tone) and another for shifting out stubborn reddy tones is 8/81 in the colour touch range...look on the chart it is pretty much grey, but its good for toning out any warmth. I like the warm browns like 5/37 (3 is gold and 7 is brunette) and also 6/71 is nice too (7 is brunette 1 is ash)

they also do relights which is advertised as an inbetween colours toner or a brightener for people who dont colour their hair, i usually use it on bleach to give a nice tone and it gives off great shine. have a look on the shade charts they should have in sallys. :D xx

Hey thanks Kimi there are some really great tips there .... so please keep them coming in
Ps.... what bases or shades would you find it useful to use the 8/81 Color touch on ? thanks
:hug: x minky

i use the 8/81 on anything from a 9 downwards really...i had my hair red once and someone did cap highlights of bleach on it and it went to about an 8 but still very very warm...so we banged that on, as long as you keep an eye on it. if you put it on very light hair i think it would just go grey straight away which would be :eek::eek::eek: so I just usually use it on blondes that don't lift as much as i'd like, to take some of the orangey yellow out of it.
minky have you ever tried the relights? its really nice, im starting to market it to people who dont necessarily want colour but are fed up with their natural hair. only discovered all these different pieces of CT from starting the salon myself, my old boss didn't really ever use anything apart from Koleston so its been fun finding out whats good and whats not :D xx

i use the 8/81 on anything from a 9 downwards really...i had my hair red once and someone did cap highlights of bleach on it and it went to about an 8 but still very very warm...so we banged that on, as long as you keep an eye on it. if you put it on very light hair i think it would just go grey straight away which would be :eek::eek::eek: so I just usually use it on blondes that don't lift as much as i'd like, to take some of the orangey yellow out of it.
minky have you ever tried the relights? its really nice, im starting to market it to people who dont necessarily want colour but are fed up with their natural hair. only discovered all these different pieces of CT from starting the salon myself, my old boss didn't really ever use anything apart from Koleston so its been fun finding out whats good and whats not :D xx

Hi Kimi , I have used the Sunlights and they were really lovely too I love the clear blonde it lifts really very well with 4% really great on naturally mid blonde hair ,

but no haven't used the relights , but now you have said about them being good for toning I will have a go , and if you find some good tips and shades in the relights do let me know ,

there is one that is /18 and one that is /86...i used the /86 on someone with very bleached hair and couldnt help but think her hair went slightly peachy...lol. maybe was just me but sometimes now i mix with the clear glaze.

i'm scared of the relights...looks like it would lift a lot, whereas i have some clients who just wanna be a teeny bit lighter. those who wanna be a lot lighter usually want permanent. Does the lighter stuff fade out? Can't imagine how it would look at all lol need to find someone to have it done x

I use the relights for someone who has had magma or a really intense colour, to refresh it, I love it!
Never really use the sunlights though, just once or twice. I think I might get some of these in again actually, great for young clients 1st colours etc xx

Latest posts

Back