Which colour range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
For weeks on end I have been trying to decide which colour range to choose for my mobile business, I literally use loads of brands depending on what i'm after.
So of course I havent even got a colour chart yet! How very unprofessional of me! And I cant afford to have lots of colour charts for the different brands.
So any help would be really great, I'm not one to make decisions!!
Thanks geeks!
xox

i like to use wella as i find that the results are really noticable and the colours last well. lovely products. hope this helps:hug:

I'm mobile and use the Wella ranges.When i went mobile i decided it was best to stick with what i knew,I used Wella in the salon for years,we often had the reps in and ongoing training and i feel more confident using their products than any other.I am also familiar with L'oreal (as we used that in the salon also) so on occasion i'll use that if i think it'll produce the desired result.I'm not opposed to using the odd different brand if needed but the bulk of what i pre buy and use is Wella.
Being mobile limits the amounts of products /equipment you can carry around with you so i generally take what i need only and a few extra's in case a clients colour doesn't come out exactly so i can get it just right (this very rarely happens as i'm so familiar with the product,Important to bear in mind if mobile)
I love the Wella Koleston & Color touch ranges and think that it's important to offer your clients good quality products that you yourself believe in.
From speaking to new clients that have come to me and stayed with me it's clear that some mobile stylists they have used prior do not always use quality products and cut corners money wise,That affects our reputation as a whole.
So i would say to use mainly what you are most familiar with and confident in results wise,but not be opposed to using other brands if needed.
When i started out mobile i bought 100% human hair training head purely just for trying out new products and new techniques on.It's come in quite handy at times as keeping yourself up to date is so important.
I would buy the colour charts to go with the brand you use most often and in time you can buy in different colour charts for other ranges as your profits increase.Ebay is always a good place to look for colour charts if you want to save a few quid (make sure you look at their feedback for the charts to see if others are happy with them)
Sorry to ramble on :lol: Hope some of that helped :)

Thank you for ur replies
Could not agree more about using quality products, ive spent a fortune setting up.
I wouldnt want a mobile stylist to cut corners doing my hair.. So why would I do it to someone else!
I always say you gotta spend money to make money, its not even about the money though, I just want to provide a really professional service like you would get in a salon!
Im going to have a look on ebay now!
Do wella do basic colour courses to learn about there colours?
When I did day release in college thats what they had there, and its easy to get from capital, but if I'm honest I dont really know much about them!!!
Thanks again
xox

i think if you look on the wella website they wud have a course of some description to suit what your looking for

if you look in capital they have all sorts of courses going on, the other week i saw a wella refresher course for £35 1 day. you get stamps if you buy wella i think its 1 stamp per tube get 20 stamps and get a free colour chart thats what i did!!! just ask them at the till xxx

most wholesalers if you ask do the collect koleston box lids and you get a colour chart etc..
i use koleston and colour touch by wella and i also like the clynol ranges (used them at college) i got my clynol chart from ebay...and a lovely lady at a wholesalers gave me the koleston and colour touch as i was telling her i was just starting out..whilst loading my trolley with allsorts..lol

Another Wella user here. Any courses I have done have involved using Wella products so feel it is best to stick with what you know. I got my Colour charts by saving up the stamps which you get each time you purchase a tint or other colour product. I use Colour touch too but not so much.

I got my last Colour chart free with the stamps but wasn't very impressed with the quality. I phoned Wella and complained about it and they sent me another different one with lovely long sample hairs. So I am now the proud owner of two Koleston Perfect colour charts. I remember the shock of how much they were when I started up on my own again 5 years ago so I'm hanging on to them. I have just got the last stamp to go and get the new Colourtouch chart too.

I started up going to the wholesaler and buying the colour I needed each time a client booked in I was so nervous about buying too much stock. Nowadays I have a little rack thingy that I got my husband to make with the base colours all down one side and the other colours stacked along side them just like in the shade charts as so many of my clients are colour clients now. I am surprised and pleased that it works out just right and I've always got the colour I need now.

I use the Avec NXT range which i buy from Capital . I find this product great for freelancing as double the size tube and less money. Great as when mobile you tend to have a much smaller stock than when in a salon.
I got the colour chart free in one of their many offers.
I also use Wella and got the charts from collecting the stamps. I use wella for the more unusual shades.
I remember in the very early days geting a few base shades then doing a consultation then going and getting the colours. Slowly you can build your stock up and now pretty much fully stocked. I use one of those big plastic containers to stack them all in , end up so can see the numbers. and do a stock take now and again. You get to kn ow what the client likes and i just check whether its same again or with a new consultation will take the whole box in the car with the chart.
Maybe try a few out of several ranges to see what you like to work with.

You get One stamp for every item of Koleston Perfect,Colour Touch,High hair,lifetex or Litre of K/P or C/T developer.
Once you have saved 10 stamps you can redeem them for a free product of any the above (retail size lifetex,500ml of the developers or a tube of colour or you can keep on saving to 20 stamps and get either of the shade charts free. I already had my charts so i use them to get colours or develpers...They soon add up :)

I have used Matrix colours and bleaches for years and love them, great reds that stick!
PQ

i like to use wella as i find that the results are really noticable and the colours last well. lovely products. hope this helps:hug:
hello,

Have a quick question is it correct or perhaps you can correct me; If I am toning someone hair from colour blonde (bleached) at around Base 7 to 8 and I want to just tone the yellow of hair. What realaser would you recommend or would just use to weakest one?

For weeks on end I have been trying to decide which colour range to choose for my mobile business, I literally use loads of brands depending on what i'm after.
So of course I havent even got a colour chart yet! How very unprofessional of me! And I cant afford to have lots of colour charts for the different brands.
So any help would be really great, I'm not one to make decisions!!
Thanks geeks!
xox
Affinage for sure! No fade, and the hair is left in such good condition it's amazing! Even customers are saying how light their hair feels! Good luck with your business x

Latest posts

Back