Which courses will everyone be doing in the New Year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anything specific I've ever wanted eg sculpting, I've booked a one to one session. You can focus on exactly what YOU want (YOU set the agenda) and you get through far more in less time, because you have their undivided attention!

Emporium lashes do volume lash courses. I currently have these in. They are fab, also known as Russian lashes. Brilliant for clients like me who don't have great lashes but want a volume look. Can get upto 500 eyelashes per set. Last ages too. I have infills every 3 weeks x

Lol yeah I know- I have made some suggestions to s2 as I think it would be amazing if they added this to their education folio or even on of the existing courses- maybe the master sculptor as the name suggests! Go on Amelia.... Join me in my campaign, you know you want to teach it lol ;-)

Xxx

Hahaaaa!... Deena just took the words out my mouth!
If enough people ask I'm sure they would think about putting a class together but different people are at different levels of sculpting total beginnings only every used tip and overlay and seasoned professional that want some more in depth training to tweak your skills. Which is why I think a one to one is perfect as the whole time is focused on YOU what you need to improve on and what you want to learn!! :)

For anything specific I've ever wanted eg sculpting, I've booked a one to one session. You can focus on exactly what YOU want (YOU set the agenda) and you get through far more in less time, because you have their undivided attention!

Oh right... yeah I agree 121 is the best way to learn obviously and certainly more cost effective - although I do think the masters courses should include sculpting anyway! I've always thought that! But then again That would be making the masters status harder to achieve so maybe I should shut up!

Having done it both ways, I would NEVER do class based nails related skills any other way than 121 ever again, unless it was for something totally new to me and even then I'd think twice about it. If I'm wanting to perfect something/take it further/having problems, then I want a shorter, sharper session all to myself.

Forgive me, but I don't want to sit there waiting for my little window of time with whoever is teaching, whilst I listen to a fellow classmate prattling on about something totally nails unrelated ie her offspring/what she did at the weekend or because she's at a totally different stage of development to myself.

When YOU set the agenda, they will watch what YOU are doing and very rapidly hone in on exactly where YOU are going wrong/need help etc. You don't have to waste a whole day whilst they're having to spend most of it spreading themselves thinly amongst a whole bunch of people whose needs/skills may be wildly differing from your own. YOU pay the piper, so YOU call the tune! :wink2::hug:

Argh I don't know, I LOVE learning new things but I don't want to do a course just for the hell of it as they are quite expensive. So I'm not sure at the moment. At the mo, I just do holistics but I tempted to learn how to do facials or .. erm .. maybe nails .. erm .. FOCUS WOMAN!!

Having done it both ways, I would NEVER do class based nails related skills any other way than 121 ever again, unless it was for something totally new to me and even then I'd think twice about it. If I'm wanting to perfect something/take it further/having problems, then I want a shorter, sharper session all to myself.

Forgive me, but I don't want to sit there waiting for my little window of time with whoever is teaching, whilst I listen to a fellow classmate prattling on about something totally nails unrelated ie her offspring/what she did at the weekend or because she's at a totally different stage of development to myself.

When YOU set the agenda, they will watch what YOU are doing and very rapidly hone in on exactly where YOU are going wrong/need help etc. You don't have to waste a whole day whilst they're having to spend most of it spreading themselves thinly amongst a whole bunch of people whose needs/skills may be wildly differing from your own. YOU pay the piper, so YOU call the tune! :wink2::hug:

Lol! I like friendly people on courses in a relaxed atmosphere but I totally agree with you about how other people's long anecdotal stories can be infuriating when you want to take in as much knowledge as you possibly can. I was on a course a few months ago where there was this really nice lady who kept telling me about her and her clients but I felt a bit bad for wishing the noise levels in the class would come down a bit for me to hear the tutor better. It was ok overall but yeah.

In other news, I am not a fan of the carlton institute and wouldn't really recommend them because overall I found their attitude stinks a bit when I last went a few years ago. That said I'm strangely tempted by some of the offers they have on courses at the moment. Maybe id be ok on one of their courses now as an experienced therapist who is able to work out more for myself. I'm thinking hmmm should I gamble on it and be drawn in by their prices just this once or give them the wide berth that I said I would? Hmmm....

Pranic Healing. Seems the most natural progression for me. I just love it too!

First course of the year booked & paid for! Kim Lawless intimate waxing in March in Manchester. Can't wait 😬 xx

I'm looking forward to my courses next month with Kim too :) xx

Russian volume, hd brows pro and masters Kim's Hollywood wax and assessors award busy year ahead 👯

Russian volume, hd brows pro and masters Kim's Hollywood wax and assessors award busy year ahead 👯

Where are you doing your Kim Lawless training? x

Good old Shellac Master Painter - then I can put my prices up!!!

Lol! I like friendly people on courses in a relaxed atmosphere but I totally agree with you about how other people's long anecdotal stories can be infuriating when you want to take in as much knowledge as you possibly can. I was on a course a few months ago where there was this really nice lady who kept telling me about her and her clients but I felt a bit bad for wishing the noise levels in the class would come down a bit for me to hear the tutor better. It was ok overall but yeah.

In other news, I am not a fan of the carlton institute and wouldn't really recommend them because overall I found their attitude stinks a bit when I last went a few years ago. That said I'm strangely tempted by some of the offers they have on courses at the moment. Maybe id be ok on one of their courses now as an experienced therapist who is able to work out more for myself. I'm thinking hmmm should I gamble on it and be drawn in by their prices just this once or give them the wide berth that I said I would? Hmmm....

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
I had great experience with Carlton Institute in Chichester (a bit far away from you unfortunately 😉) The ladies there were lovely, the classes very small and I learnt a hell of a lot in the time I had, including lots of information about the business side as well as skills. I guess it depends who the tutors are.
😊

I have just done the Shellac Master Painter in Manchester which I loved; I am doing CND Gel Convert in a few weeks and the LVL lashes in Feb - also toying with doing the HD Brow 1 day update course as feel I could do with a refresher :)

First course of the year booked & paid for! Kim Lawless intimate waxing in March in Manchester. Can't wait 😬 xx

Oww missed out on the manchester one! They only have Essex or Scotland for March :( boo!xx

Hoping to do Billion Dollar Brows and tape weft hair extensions.

I am booked on decleor training in may and may possibly try and book Kim's intimate waxing course but that won't be until the end of the year due to funds.

I'm growing out all my hair for Kim's course on the 11th of feb.. I'm so hairy hahaha x

I'm growing out all my hair for Kim's course on the 11th of feb.. I'm so hairy hahaha x

This is honestly one of the things stopping me! In fact the worst is on the intimate training, whenever I've been to have all of it off they stop and say I'm going too red?! Every other part of my body fine, foofoo just doesn't like it!! Jst gonna have to grin and bear it aren't i 😫 xx

Latest posts

Back