Which developer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
Hi all,
you may remember when i did a colour correction with the wella tech, a girl had had a full head bleach was patchy and orangy and wanted a nice all over blonde. we lifeted the rest of the patches out with more bleach, then put a colour touch 9/03+9/01 4% all over looked gorg.
she came back in to have her roots done and is a base of about 5/6. i wasnt sure whether colour touch and 4% would lift her roots or just tone them as i know it doesnt lift. so i thought id try it and it lifted them slightly but i could see the difference, although she didnt for a few weeks.
im doing it again on monday and i know this is so basic but this confuses me. im using 9/03 +9/01 now should i use koleston with 6% or 9%. i dont want it to lift too much so shouldnt 6% be ok?
thanks

remember the basic rules.6 will lift 1-2 shades 9 will lift 3-4 shaded and 12 will; lift up to 5 shades. . once u have applied the colour to the roots (in the 9% in my opinion) in the las 5 mins of the processing time spray the ends down and comb the remaining colour from root to end to colour level to avoid any banding. . x

thanks for your reply. i guess it does make sense to use 9%, im just scared it will look so unnatural. i was confident with colouring it after lifting it with the bleach cos i knew it would go to the actual colour put on. but im scared putting the colour straight on the 6line roots will make it orangy. but it wont will it?! im doing it a touch darkrer too this time so gonna use 9/03 + 8/1 so if i use ti with 9% then comb thro the ends last 5 min will that be ok?

i take it the client wants to gradually get it a little darker ,more of a natural blonde? How much regrowth is there?if 1/2 inch or less whatever you use should take well id probably use 9% and the result will come up gold ,even with an ash ( but hopefully not orange ) if the regrowth is more ,id worry about lifting it because of bandingand rootglow -unless you are going to use a semi again so id probably do a deeper tint -maybe an 8 line and put some scattered foils in it . like scottydolly likes his 10`s i love my 8`s everyone gets a touch of 8 in some shape or form! good luck

hahaha i do love my 10's, but hey hey guess what, i am feeling the 8's at the moment to, im a colour whore haha i change fave everymonth haha x

hiya.
ive done her hair came out good. just like last time! i used 9/03+7/01 with 9% on roots then took thro ends for last 10mins as it was very faded. i could see a slight difference in the roots and ends but nothing that anyone else can notice, she loved it.
phew! i dont know why i panic about things, but i really do sometimes! foils and dark all over colours im confident with, but all over blondes i panic
thanks for your help

glad it went well hun , i would have said use 9% too :green: xxx

Latest posts

Back