Which gel nail polish to buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slm1234uk

Reaction score
Hi

Just finished my level 3 nail course and am starting to get requests from people from work for gel nail polish.

Have been using Essentials Nails own brand on myself (but they have hardly any colours) and Tru Gel on clients at College.

Was thinking of starting a collection of Harmony Gelish, but just wondering what it's like and if it is relatively easy to work with or if there is another brand you can recommend as Gelish seems quite expensive!

My friend ordered NSI Polish Pro but is having a nightmare with it.

Many people do very well with NSI ... how experienced is your friend?

Do a search here on different brands and compare what the technicians say (the experienced technicians :biggrin:) This question has been asked about 10,000 times as you can imagine so there is plenty to read.

Go to search and enter a few different brand names and then see if you have the information you want.

CND SHELLAC for me all the way .. I use nothing else.

Thanks for that, I know it has been posted a lot, my head is spinning with all the opinions on different brands so thought I would pick one and go for it, then got cold feet in case I found it difficult to work with!! Bit put off with Shellac as need to buy their lamp as well, spent so much money so far I'm finding the outlay a bit difficult, but realise I need to invest in a wide range of gel colours with a reputable brand so the clients get a lasting service.

My friend has just finished same course as me and has used Tru Gel without any problems. She rang NSI and they told her to apply the coats so thin you almost take it off again. Sounds a bit time consuming as you would have to use a few coats to get the right coverage. So not sure, not personally tried it myself.

Latest posts

Back