Which mortgage company do you go through if self employed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I am curious to find out what mortgage company is the best for self employed.

I tried the link above, oh my god how much!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hiya ..you'd be better off going through a mortgage broker hun...there advise is normally free (but ask) and some will charge a % if you take the mortgage (ask how much first) but its worth it cos they can search the whole of the market for the best deal for you. HTH

I had to re-mortgage recently as me & hubby separated. I went to a mortgage centre near us where they look at the whole of the market.

I ended up going for a self-certificated mortgage which is good for the self employed, especially if your figures don't show much profit. I didn't have to pay a fee to them as their fees come from the mortgage company.

Get yourself an adviser...there are loads ofcompanies out there who will do self-cert mortgages but you usually need quite a low loan to value like max 80%....so you need at least 20% of the value of the property you which to buy as a deposit......

so if the house is say £100k you need £20k deposit ....mabe even less than that these days, to get a 'normal' rate of interest...anything above, you're very likely to be paying over the odds in interest.

Same goes with remortgaging...you need to retain at least 80% (or whatever the figure is) equity in the property after the amount you have remortgaged for.....HTH

I managed to get a fixed rate mortgage with my bank at a good rate - not even a special self-employed self-cert mortgage - but I had 2 years of accounts to show them, and I run a limited company - that was back in May last year before the credit crunch though so maybe things have tightened up since then?

Latest posts

Back