Which one: China Glaze, Crystal nails or Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glittergirl1

Reaction score
Which system does anyone Recommend? Going to beauty show and would like what people think to these products?

OMG it is no contest .. really it is no contest. VINYLUX all the way.

Amazing .. new ... completely new formulation to any other polish .. lasts a good week AND really is bone dry in just 8.5 minutes. Now noting else does that. Amazing shine too.

Needs no base coat so fast to apply (and you need to be a good fast polisher too because it dries so quickly). Easy to try a bottle but once you do you will be amazed ... selling fast in salons too. Fantastic any way you look at it.

You will also be eligible to put your name on the CND FREE Salon locator which is the site that all the consumer magazines send their readers to to find genuine CND products. It really is a no brainer. Have fun at the show.

I have to agree with Geeg, I've got vinylux and love it, ok it might take a few goes to get used to using it especially if your new to nails and doing polish because of the quick drying, but once you've got it wow its so worth it, my clients love the quick drying time especially now it's more socks and boot weather.

I'm in e process of getting all the colours and selling of my opi and my clients are quite happy not one has asked for opi since.

Just need to clarify, as I've just introduced Vinylux in the salon.

When you put first coat of polish how long do wait for it to dry in between second coat & top coat?

Just need to clarify, as I've just introduced Vinylux in the salon.

When you put first coat of polish how long do wait for it to dry in between second coat & top coat?

By the time you've done all 10 nails, they will be dry enough to start a second coat. Same with top coat. There is no need to allow any dry time in between. :)

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I do both hands as normal, then go straight to 2nd coat, which I do slightly thicker than 1st in hover motion so not pushing the brush down on the nail so brush bends , by the time I've done all 10 I put the colour back onto the rack pick up the topcoat (rack is just out of reach) I then do the top coat. Sit and chat with client at 8 mins approx I get the solar oil pop that on all 10 and then gently wipe round, clients sits chatting for few more mins normally saying wow can't believe it dry and you can touch it and then done.

Geeg and others have said it all really - VINYLUX all the way! :D

Another Vinylux lover here!

Now I have been asking this very question. I have always been a china glaze fan even up until yesterday.. That is until I tried using vinylux! Wow I'm actually excited about getting started again after years of not doing nails. (Not sure my boyfriend is tho! As he's my guinea pig at the moment!)

Thank you for the replies!! 😃

Thank you for all your help.
Also what do most nail texts use shellac or Vinylux?
Am just starting out and I want to get it right.

Thank you for all your help.
Also what do most nail texts use shellac or Vinylux?
Am just starting out and I want to get it right.

I think most people offer both as they are very different products.

Shellac for people who want two weeks wear and maybe a bit of strength (it helped me grow my nails when they were paper thin) and vinylux for people who want polish that they can take off at home if they like.

Some people are also switching from using shellac or gel polish on the ties to vinylux as toes always last for a long time :)

Once my training is finished ill definitely be offering both and maybe gelish :)

Would I be able to use both for nail art?

I'm a bit confused, is Vinylux a 'normal' enamel then? By that I mean, it doesn't need curing with a lamp or anything?

And can you do nail art over the top with acrylic paint then apply a top coat or would that ruin it?

Oh and one last question! Can students sign up to use it?

Latest posts

Back