Which route to take

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacie88

Reaction score
I planned on doing a few courses this year in massage, indian head etc. i've done lots of researching and found an NVQ level 3 course. You learn full body massage, hot stone massage, indian head massage, aromatherapy, and spray tanning. It starts in september but I wouldn't be qualified untill next summer.

Has anyone done these courses individually? Would anyone recommend just doing the longer course? The thing thats swaying me is the NVQ qualification at the end of it. Its only 1 day a week aswell, all day. But next summer seems ages away to be qualified!
Opinions appreciated :)

Well the course sounds excellent to me!!

I did do an ITEC in swedish massage and anatomy and physiology which too six months to do, it was excellent, that was back in 1995.

then years later a workshop in hot stones, which was a one day, it was a VTCT.

I know next summer is a long time but think about it, it is better to do it like that than a fast track course whn you would come out of it at the end, not knowing much and have little confidence!
you will be so much better doing that qualification.

it will be hard work!!
best of luck hon!
xxx

Thanks for your reply :)

I suppose I'm just being impatient! Wanting everything now lol but I'l look more into it, because the course does sound good Xx

I'm currently doing my level 3 and in my opinion it's much better then doing them individually, because you learn everything in stages of 6 weeks so you know everything and then do clients so you get confident with the treatments, I also like the fact of having an NVQ, but once your on it it really does go quickly, I only feel like I started yesterday an I'm already 4 months in to it, hope that helps, good look in whatever you decide to choose tho x

Im a qualified level 1 hairdresser but then after a year decided I didn't want to do it anymore then went into beauty, I've done all my beauty courses individually & just got diplomas in them all. I done my spray tanning with Sienna X, it was pretty expensive but made my money back! Have a look on google, that's what I done then found a local beauty school/ training place which I then done all my other courses separately xxxxxx

NVQ is not a well thought of qualification in the massage industry and really only applies to the beauty industry. Provided you are only planning to working in the beauty industry that won't be a problem for you.
I have seen this particular course advertised as a 5 day course - totally inadequate even for a beauty therapist, but as long as it is not a short course, then it should be fine.

NVQ is not a well thought of qualification in the massage industry and really only applies to the beauty industry. Provided you are only planning to working in the beauty industry that won't be a problem for you.
I have seen this particular course advertised as a 5 day course - totally inadequate even for a beauty therapist, but as long as it is not a short course, then it should be fine.

At the moment its only for the beauty industry, but I'm not sure whether i'd want to progress into other areas later on, i'l look into that thanks. It's a 35 week course at a main college.

Thanks for your help :)

Latest posts

Back