Which tanning brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fojo

Reaction score
Hi geeks need help which would you reccommend?
Sunless solutions, Crazy Angel or Sienna x?

Sienna x every time x

Any other reviews?

I use crazy angel... I think it's a lovely colour/smell and the fade is good too not patchy. Also you can go out the same day your sprayed without looking too dark! x

Sunless solutions is brilliant!! Can't recommend it enough xxx

There are lots of different tanning brands on the market so you need to find one which suits you and your clients (of course we think ours is great!)

We would always suggest you try different solutions for yourself to see the results.

If you would like to try ours please PM your address and let us know which strength sample you would like sent. (either 8%,10%,12% or 14%)

I use suntana and both my clients and myself love it! Smells lovely, lovely even coverage and they will send you samples to try aswel. Fantastic service, just register on their site and ask for some samples to try :0)

I use fantasy tan and I love it. Never once had a problem. More expensive though but worth it for customer satisfaction xx

There's so many good solutions on the market these day. I'm sure this has already been suggested but I recommend you trial lots of different solutions and come to your own personal conclusions on favourites.
Obviously I think Sunless Solutions is the best lol but I have also tried Lauren's Way, Nouvatan and more recently Amy Childs solution which as far as I know hasn't been launched yet...
Trying different types of solutions will only help you grow as a spray tan therapist .... You will have to spray to trial them for a start, you will look closer at the way the solution sprays, how it goes on, how good the guide colour is, then you will be looking at how good the actual tan is, how well it lasts, how well it fades off etc etc
It's also very useful in the industry to know what else is out there and how good it is as this information will always be invaluable..... For one thing if you find yourself running short of your favourite solution and need a standby solution you will know which ones are good. It's also useful when clients mention other tans and you actually know first hand about the solution and can then say in a fair manner that you've sampled it and you found that you preferred the one you're using because of blahblahblah .... This means you'll be informed and by giving reason as to why you favour your chosen brand you'll be installing brand confidence in the client which is always brilliant.

I've been to too many salons in the past where, when asked why this brand the therapist has responded with
"Well it's what I've always used" or worse
"It's what the salon I work for stocks"!!!!!
Hope this helps

Keep Calm and Tan On!

After a lot of research I have gone with nouvatan for my training, and I'm very happy with it.x

There's so many good solutions on the market these day. I'm sure this has already been suggested but I recommend you trial lots of different solutions and come to your own personal conclusions on favourites.
Obviously I think Sunless Solutions is the best lol but I have also tried Lauren's Way, Nouvatan and more recently Amy Childs solution which as far as I know hasn't been launched yet...
Trying different types of solutions will only help you grow as a spray tan therapist .... You will have to spray to trial them for a start, you will look closer at the way the solution sprays, how it goes on, how good the guide colour is, then you will be looking at how good the actual tan is, how well it lasts, how well it fades off etc etc
It's also very useful in the industry to know what else is out there and how good it is as this information will always be invaluable..... For one thing if you find yourself running short of your favourite solution and need a standby solution you will know which ones are good. It's also useful when clients mention other tans and you actually know first hand about the solution and can then say in a fair manner that you've sampled it and you found that you preferred the one you're using because of blahblahblah .... This means you'll be informed and by giving reason as to why you favour your chosen brand you'll be installing brand confidence in the client which is always brilliant.

I've been to too many salons in the past where, when asked why this brand the therapist has responded with
"Well it's what I've always used" or worse
"It's what the salon I work for stocks"!!!!!
Hope this helps

Keep Calm and Tan On!

Hi, what colour tan would you say sunless solution,is it a golden brown, or more of a brown tan ? thankyou.x

It is so crucial to trial any tanning solution on different skin types and tones. Trialling a solution on yourself only or on just 2 people will not give you an accurate indication of how a product works across a the variety of skin types which make up your client base.

What works on you and suits your skin type/tone may not work well on your clients. The same applies with skin care products as everyone is different.

Try to get larger samples (even 100ml will only do 2 and at a push 3 full body tans) - even if you have to pay for them the cost is usually redeemable on the purchase of full sizes and you can rest assured that having trialled a solution properly that the bulk of your client base will get great results as well.

There is not one solution on the market that will have the best results on everyone but there are ones that will provide excellent results across the majority.

Latest posts

Back