White calves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paigemcdonagh

Reaction score
Geeks!

I need serious help. I CANNOT get my calves to tan!
No matter the brand of tan (trust me I've tried my fair share) tan just will not take to my calves!

I have brown feet, brown thighs and white calves!

I've attached a pic, this is using fake bake darker. When the guide colour is on, they look perfect, as soon as I shower they're white!

Help :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344715247.663650.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344715247.663650.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 155
Wow what a difference!!! Can't say I've seen this before, I've seen them lighter, but not white?!?!
How close to tanning do you shave? (I'm thinking about the moisture strip on your razor) I'm assuming there's no moisturiser applied to your shins? X

The skin on the calves generally contain less melanin making them harder too tan, the more melanin in your skin the darker you tan and the darker your fake bake will be, if they still stay pale when your tanning naturally (on holiday) then you might lack lots of melanin in your calves, hope this helps? :) xx

Wow what a difference!!! Can't say I've seen this before, I've seen them lighter, but not white?!?!
How close to tanning do you shave? (I'm thinking about the moisture strip on your razor) I'm assuming there's no moisturiser applied to your shins? X

I normally leave at least 3 days, I've tried to leave it for 8 days! And still I get white calves :(

The skin on the calves generally contain less melanin making them harder too tan, the more melanin in your skin the darker you tan and the darker your fake bake will be, if they still stay pale when your tanning naturally (on holiday) then you might lack lots of melanin in your calves, hope this helps? :) xx

Yeah, I thought about this, but the funny thing is, that on holiday, my darkest part is my usually my legs!!

I can't even understand! I even asked my tanning instructor on my course and she couldn't explain it.

I'm a mystery! Haha

In that case, I can only assume there is product on your skin prior to tanning, whether it be razor-strip moisture, or cream or shower gel, even if you dont apply anything on the day of the tan, it may be from the day before.
x

Yeah, I thought about this, but the funny thing is, that on holiday, my darkest part is my usually my legs!!

I can't even understand! I even asked my tanning instructor on my course and she couldn't explain it.

I'm a mystery! Haha

Really?! That is so strange! Only other thing I could think of is there might be oil residue left on the skin? Other than that I have no idea lol, hope you can get it sorted! :) x

this has nothing to do with ur post but i use "the right to bare legs" by joan rivers and I LOVE IT!! it gives a beautiful color to my white legs. it always gives me even applications. I dont usually buy online or tv ads but i gave this a try and its wonderful!!! strongly recommended.

Latest posts

Back