White glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephrae82

Reaction score
I've do gel nails and gel polish and have just started experimenting with glitter. Nails look great once I've done them apart from white glitter.
I did a French manicure with the tips white glitter. Looked fantastic until I put on the topcoat and it just looked awful 😏
It's the same topcoat I use in the other glitters. So could it be the white glitter is just not good? Or is this normal with white glitter?
Would appreciate any comments or pics of your white glitters as I've so much ppl asking for white x

I've do gel nails and gel polish and have just started experimenting with glitter. Nails look great once I've done them apart from white glitter.
I did a French manicure with the tips white glitter. Looked fantastic until I put on the topcoat and it just looked awful 😏
It's the same topcoat I use in the other glitters. So could it be the white glitter is just not good? Or is this normal with white glitter?
Would appreciate any comments or pics of your white glitters as I've so much ppl asking for white x

I use the white irresistible holographic glitter from S2, and its really sparkly! This is it over Shellac studio white. Hth X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349598444.607758.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349598444.607758.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,226
I've found some white glitter once the topcoat goes on go translucent, might help to add a bit of silver to the mix?

Or get a slightly thicker one :)

This is nsi opal shimmer

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349603996.234569.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349603996.234569.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 745
white and black glitters are often too dense to be able to sparkle (am hoping that makes sense) so if you add either a little silver or translucent glitter it helps to give it the sparkle. only add a small bit at a time and mix in the pot then add as much or as little as you like xx

I've found some white glitter once the topcoat goes on go translucent, might help to add a bit of silver to the mix?

Or get a slightly thicker one :)

Maz, where did you get this from, sounds like just what I'm looking for! I've the white holographic from S2 but it has a green tinge to it when on the nail. I want something that takes on the colour of the polish underneath. x

Yeah I noticed it with the black to. I've added some gold into the black, think that would bring it up a bit? I've yet to try it. X

I use the white irresistible holographic glitter from S2, and its really sparkly! This is it over Shellac studio white. Hth X

Beautiful! I find any white glitter only stays sparkly white if you put it over white base such as shellac etc. if you're putting it on without the white colour coat underneath it will end up looking translucent once you apply a top coat. Wendy's picture is the perfect explanation as she has applied it over a studio white base and so it still looks lovely and white and sparkly x

This is lush... how did you do the marbelling, is it one coat cure, second coat applied - no curing - then add dots marble with a dotting tool then cure? top coat done? I really fancy this next time :) xx

I agree about the white and black. They end up kind of flat looking. I'm going to try adding silver to it. Maybe a little of my holographic silver??? Thanks for the ideas!!

Maz, where did you get this from, sounds like just what I'm looking for! I've the white holographic from S2 but it has a green tinge to it when on the nail. I want something that takes on the colour of the polish underneath. x

It came with a batch I got from amazon, I will hunt the link down for you :)

Beautiful! I find any white glitter only stays sparkly white if you put it over white base such as shellac etc. if you're putting it on without the white colour coat underneath it will end up looking translucent once you apply a top coat. Wendy's picture is the perfect explanation as she has applied it over a studio white base and so it still looks lovely and white and sparkly x

Thanks Waffle! Xx

This is lush... how did you do the marbelling, is it one coat cure, second coat applied - no curing - then add dots marble with a dotting tool then cure? top coat done? I really fancy this next time :) xx

Thanks! That's exactly it! ;-) xx

As others have suggested, I always use the holographic glitters for white and black as they just don't sparkle enough otherwise, they're very flat looking. The Irresistible ones from Sweet Squared are my favourite and they do lots of other holographic colours.

I'm so glad I found this tread, I've been pulling my hair out not being able to get white to sparkle! As soon as i mix into top coat it goes murky and transparent, even when added over white!
Can anyone advise or send links of good white glitters please as I'm desperate to have and offer Snow White sparkly nails, seen so many of here in the past now can't find to ask which glitter they used!
I have a beautiful perfect white in the packet but as I say no good with top coat!

These are some I did last month on myself, cream puff shellac 1 coat, cure, stargazer glitter, 1 coat silver VIP status, topcoat. The white has a tinge of pink but not much and really sparkly :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355874940.987131.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355874940.987131.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 223
I've had no luck with white glitter either. And I cannot find white holo glitter anywhere. I ended up using CND additives for my white glitter swatches but they're still not sparkly enough.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355890017.581238.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1355890017.581238.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 204
White glitter is such a nightmare, I mix a tiny bit of silver halo, hopefully one day a perfect white glitter will appear :)

Latest posts

Back