White spots after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
I went for a full leg wax a week ago and it felt fine but I came up with a lot of red spots (my skins sensitive anyway). As soon as I got home I checked and they'd all gone and I wasn't sore at all so I booked myself in for a hollywood wax the friday just gone. I was quite red afterwards (which is obviously normal) and didn't feel any pain afterwards. I started feeling really sore last night and when I looked I was bright red! I'm still really sore and i've noticed i've got loads of white spots?! What are they? Is there any way I can get rid of them or ease the pain? x

They happen sometimes. It may be just an ingrown hair forming. Put some baby oil on a cotton ball and wipe it over them. Tea tree oil will work to x

Apply nappy rash creme and that should clear it. Do straight after your Brazilian next time.

I doubt it would be an ingrown hair just a couple of days after waxing.

I always have little white spots after bikini waxing... almost like tiny white heads that form 2-3 days post wax. I have tried all manner of waxes and pre wax lotions, self waxed and other therapists and am meticulous about following good aftercare (sudocem is best) but this happens every time without exception.. I don't know if it's entirely correct but I am sure I read up on something similar suggesting it's a mild reaction due to naturally occurring bacteria (or something similar) on some people's skin that enters the follicle... sounds gross but it seems to make sense... always goes after a day or so.... is this the sort of reaction you mean?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I learnt that white spots (at least the ones I'm thinking of) can come up as either just a natural reaction to waxing - generally on the upper lip and eyebrows - or when you don't follow after care properly e.g having a hot shower too soon after waxing, using products etc on the area and also sweating which unfortunately can't be helped! Personally I'd avoid nappy rash cream as well - it doesn't let the skin breathe and could cause the problem to get worse but that's just my opinion! Xx

Latest posts

Back