White spots appearing during spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
Ok so long story...
Ive never had problems with my spray tan machine (crazy angel pink mini one) a few days ago I was about to spray a client and when I turned on the machine and pressed the trigger nothing came out. I tried everything, loosing the screw etc but nothing worked, I took the front twist cap off and gave it a wipe and kept pressing the trigger and finally it started working. Her tan came out fine.
The next client I had for tanning was the next day. As I started to spray her back white spots started to appear as if I'd dotted Vaseline on her skin and the tan wasn't sticking. I started to panic (in my head) and decided to do her legs and respray her back when it was dry. I did one leg, no dots.. Next leg, dots. Same on the front, dots appeared on her left side of her chest, middle of her stomach etc. thankfully she was a regular client and we're quite friendly so I asked her if she had anything on her skin, she said no and after a few minutes the dots seemed to blend in themselves quite well. The next two clients over the last two days have been the same. I've no idea what's going on. I've looked it up on here and it says to take the machine apart and clean the needle etc but when I tried to take it apart it doesn't seem to come apart. I read the instructions and it said it only needs to have water sprayed through to clean it.
Can someone pleaaaase help as this is driving me mad not knowing what's going on. We use cocoa brown tan btw.

sounds like something to do with the needle maybe Hun? If you call who supplied the gun they should explain how to take it apart for you.
maybe the sugar from dha has clogged up and it needs hot soapy water though it?

sounds like something to do with the needle maybe Hun? If you call who supplied the gun they should explain how to take it apart for you.
maybe the sugar from dha has clogged up and it needs hot soapy water though it?

I've got a tan in ten minutes so I just sprayed through with hot water to try to unclog the needle, if it happens during this treatment I'll definitely be calling them! Thank you!

how did you get on Hun,?

Did she shower right before she came to the salon? I find if they have showered too soon there skin isn't completely dry and this happens

Hi, Anybody finding quite a few sweaty clients during this hot spell? Got any suggestions other than getting them to "chill out" a bit before spray? One girls brow keeped beading up with sweat so I used hose over and over, lord only knows how it turned out ok. I was using Nouvatan and find it quite forgiving though. Anybody else have issues? Cheers, Mick.

Hi, Anybody finding quite a few sweaty clients during this hot spell? Got any suggestions other than getting them to "chill out" a bit before spray? One girls brow keeped beading up with sweat so I used hose over and over, lord only knows how it turned out ok. I was using Nouvatan and find it quite forgiving though. Anybody else have issues? Cheers, Mick.

Yes finding this! It was 26degrees here the other day and when I sprayed some of the tan was immediately running due to sweat! Just did it as best I could!

Did she shower right before she came to the salon? I find if they have showered too soon there skin isn't completely dry and this happens

I don't think so because of the fact it was EVERY client in a row after this particular incident with the machine

how did you get on Hun,?

It was still spotty :/ I'm losing the plot now I can't figure it out. Sprayed my boss to see and same thing happened.
I know the spots are disappearing/blending quite well by themselves after a few minutes but clients are freaking out seeing the spots and panicking. Me saying 'it's ok they'll blend themselves in a few minutes' isn't very professional.

Hi,
We have no experience of this machine/gun but would say that it must be this at fault. You say "pressed the trigger nothing came out. I tried everything, loosing the screw etc but nothing worked, I took the front twist cap off and gave it a wipe and kept pressing the trigger and finally it started working" This is not usual, for any gun, and must be part of the problem. You also say "it says to take the machine apart and clean the needle etc but when I tried to take it apart it doesn't seem to come apart. I read the instructions and it said it only needs to have water sprayed through to clean it." This, again, is not normal, every gun needs to be cleaned properly from time to time for lots of reasons. If you have never cleaned the needle properly it will probably have a build up of solution on it, causing the spots/freckling. You should contact the supplier and ask them how to clean it properly and if it still doesn't work, if it is under warranty, ask for a replacement.
Ambermist

Hi,
We have no experience of this machine/gun but would say that it must be this at fault. You say "pressed the trigger nothing came out. I tried everything, loosing the screw etc but nothing worked, I took the front twist cap off and gave it a wipe and kept pressing the trigger and finally it started working" This is not usual, for any gun, and must be part of the problem. You also say "it says to take the machine apart and clean the needle etc but when I tried to take it apart it doesn't seem to come apart. I read the instructions and it said it only needs to have water sprayed through to clean it." This, again, is not normal, every gun needs to be cleaned properly from time to time for lots of reasons. If you have never cleaned the needle properly it will probably have a build up of solution on it, causing the spots/freckling. You should contact the supplier and ask them how to clean it properly and if it still doesn't work, if it is under warranty, ask for a replacement.
Ambermist

Thank you for the advice, I'll try giving them a call if I can't get it apart myself

Latest posts

Back