white tips and gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkirocco

Reaction score
I just wondered if anybody has used white tips with gel and got a good lasting result? If so which gel did you use and did they last till an infill?
I know it is not recommended and as a rule i don't use this method however i find it much easier and quicker when doing my own nails if i use white tips. I usually use acrylic on my nails but want to try gel hense the question.

i have done some white tips and gel BUT they didnt cure properly under the lamp as the light cannot get through the white tip and they came off (peeled) i even tried to cure under nail but it made no difference. Shame cos they looked good.

I just wondered if anybody has used white tips with gel and got a good lasting result? If so which gel did you use and did they last till an infill?
I know it is not recommended and as a rule i don't use this method however i find it much easier and quicker when doing my own nails if i use white tips. I usually use acrylic on my nails but want to try gel hense the question.

When I first started not so long ago, I used white tips on myself too. I used Calgel and Bio and they lasted fine for 3 wks. plus. I ended up redoing them each time though because I found when I tried to redo the smile line, the one underneath was hard to cover. Plus the white doesn't cure properly over the opaque white tip. So they're not very good for refills. Now I paint my french white and am getting better each time.

Janeawallace - did you buff the white tips so the gel would adhere properly? If you don't remove the shine, they will all peel right off. It should cure properly as long as you are using clear gel. hths

Yes I did buff etc but the gel didnt cure on those tips:)

The problem with using white tips and UV Gel is that the UV light tends to bounce off the white tip and not cure properly. It's advisable to use clear tips/forms when using gel, this allows the UV light to reflect off the shiny inserts inside the lamp and cure from the underside of the enhancements as well as from above.

hth's

I've used star nails white tips and i use NSI balance clear/Builer and they have stayed on so long as i etch them quite well, make 1st layer of gel really quite thin (always use clear not pink) and second layer only bit thicker, then file free edge and seal with glaze and go. They lasted me 2 weeks and i'm quite harsh on my own nails!!

Andrea

xx

:):)

Thanks i will try the nsi gels on my own with white tips. I take it you used the builder gel in clear?

Hi i regularly use white tips with gel as its just easier to do my own that way, i use tips and gel from a company called Nail-solutions.co.uk i also use NSI balance on white tips with no probs.

It can also be the tips you use

Make sure you remove all the surface shine

Brush on a proper bonding layer first

Make sure you seal them really well all aroung the free edge and at the sides

Gina x

Hi,
A colleague I used to work with used white tips with LCN gel and she never seemed to have any problems; not even when rebalancing with white sculpting gel. (I've never used white tips myself though)

Latest posts

Back