Who else was disappointed at the Manchester Show?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See no one would mind probably paying £20 a day to get in to the show if it meant exhibitors were also able to have reduced costs and thus afford to exhibit.

We all know nothings free - and we never said it was, but there has to be a balance.

The problem now is exhibitors will be cautious spending thousands for a stand because of the poor qaulity of previous shows and the visitors will be dubious paying to get in because of previous shows being bad!

So theres problems that need fixing. The organisers just have to win people back.

Yes we are a nation of www users now but that will never replace the 'buzz' we get from a show and that is priceless.

Charge Everyone to get in - stop with the freebies and that will subsidise stands for exhibitors.

You have to pay to get into any other exhibition from the baby show to the clothes show and any other event so why do we expect the beauty shows to also be free.

If people refuse to pay £20 to get in there hardly the quality of people the show wants as them grumbkling over £20 to get in means they won't be buying anything on the day!

The shows have been excellent in the past and have got worse since. SO we al know its doable.

Professional Beauty tried charging last year and because visitor numbers were down they then gave away tickets at the last minute which really annoyed all those who had already paid..... And people grumbled mightily about paying - there's plenty of threads of here to prove it! Here's one: http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/80611-excel-2009-you-will-have-pay-40-get.html

People always moan yet as Rachel eloquantly put never actually come up with a constructive alternative!

I am thinking, again...:)

So... you all tell that the show has become worse... and blame the organizers... Why don't you blame the distributors? They are doing exactly the same as they did 5 years ago, not very innovative/creative there... It's the same every year, at every show, the same persons, the same things... You can't blame the organizers for that!

Cec.

Well I can't come up with a constructive allternative, but I have to say if I had to pay £20-£40 for a ticket I would think twice before attending a show.
By the time I've payed for accomodation,travell and food it allready costs me near anough £100 to attend anyway.This is money I could be spending in a more proifitable way, but I enjoy attending.

I agree that the information and education I've recived from the shows,for free, has been invaluble and I've been suprised that this education has been given for free.
Maby a charge for these classes would be one sugestion?

:hug:

Seriously... 20 Pound is NOT much for attending a professional show. As I said, in Dusseldorf and in the US it costs a lot more. Only in Japan it was free as long as you pre-booked at the internet.

And those getting angry because THEY had to pay while other got it for free? Life is not always fair... just deal with it! (And shoot me for saying this...:))

Cec.

Seriously... 20 Pound is NOT much for attending a professional show. As I said, in Dusseldorf and in the US it costs a lot more. Only in Japan it was free as long as you pre-booked at the internet.

And those getting angry because THEY had to pay while other got it for free? Life is not always fair... just deal with it! (And shoot me for saying this...:))

Cec.

No £20 is not a lot of money these days. It's the combined cost of getting there etc that would make that extra £20-£40, make me think twice about attending.
:hug:

I personally prefer it when I pay to get to the show. It supports the running costs, it keeps for want of a better word, 'tourists' out - ie those who aren't professionals. And lets not forget your £10 - £20 gets you a whole load of training sessions, where else can you attend training with some of the most respected individuals in the industry for that price?

Mat

I was fascinated to read this thread, lots of interesting comments. we were scheduled to go but, once we had added up the cost of closing for the day, the travel costs, eating out etc we decided that as a new salon we couldnt justify it.

I used to be an exhibition marketing manager, i used to do 25 shows a year for a university training course, the costs of attending these shows , the advertising, the time away from the office, the cost of moving the stand, the lighting, the staff, the accomodation, the list is endless my annual budget was 8K for each one and that was a skin and bones approach!

Its a sign of the times, sometimes some companies have to make tough descisions about their marketing budget, we had to about ours and couldnt go. the lure of earning a day at the salon was too great.

tigi

Latest posts

Back