Who is going to Olympia this year?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys this is my first post ever on here ever :green:

just want to say that all of you are great and soooo supportive of each other :hug:

and im going to olympia this year too yay!!!
im gona be on serious bargin hunt shopper mode :eek: lol

BUT Kate the roundabouts in Salford are nuts, just how many does there need to be! :lol: i realised straight away I was in the wrong lane but then had no way of turning around till I got to Blackburn :eek:

anne xx

Think I know which one your on about lol! I get irrate on match day when people from other parts of the UK try to navigate old trafford and everyone BUT ME is in the wrong lane, they spot I know what I am doing and then persist to follow me down a dead end road to my Dads lol!

You obviously have never been to Warrington? Its roundabout heaven (or hell) :green:!!

Your'll be safe on the train (so long as I am not on it otherwise none of us will get there, I am so jinxed on trains!)

well after much deliberation I have decided to go to both days and stay overnight in a hotel. There are too many seminars I want to attend and I just would'nt be able to look round the exhibitions as well. So hotel and train tickets booked woop woop! London here I come :lol: :lol:

anne xx

Is anyone going from Hertfordshire? I really wanna go but Im petrified of using the tube on my own :cry:

Anyone want a travelling companion?

Am gonna be walking round wondering who else is a geek!

well i'm going on my own but anyone fancies nipping round together thats fine by me :)

anne xx

well i'm going on my own but anyone fancies nipping round together thats fine by me :)

anne xx

perhaps geeks should wear special badges or flowers to spot each other lol! Just a thought............:lol:

I'm planning to go, and I'll probably go by bike. Cheaper than the train, and easier to park!

perhaps geeks should wear special badges or flowers to spot each other lol! Just a thought............:lol:

lol, i know i'll wear a nice sunflower, there'll be no missing me then :lol:

lol, i know i'll wear a nice sunflower, there'll be no missing me then :lol:

lol! I like sunflowers so cheerful.

I'm planning to go, and I'll probably go by bike. Cheaper than the train, and easier to park!

Yes but how do you wobble back with all your goodies you bought??? See the 4x4 may get called names but a girls got to do what a girls got to do! Its like a shopping trolley - the bigger it is the more you can buy!

Kate

it's got panniers and a top box, and there's no wobbling involved! We're talking about 89 ponies here ya know!

it's got panniers and a top box, and there's no wobbling involved! We're talking about 89 ponies here ya know!

lol your talking brum brum bike not push bike - phew sounded like mucho worko pedalling all that way lol!

Can't drive bikes, but sure I could nick one of my dads for the day - dad cannot count past twenty so he shouldnt notice one missing until it came back cremated lol!

Good point though :idea:....... now all i needs a license and a lot of hair spray lol x

i'm going to olympia... would rather drive since i'm hoping to be buying stuff... but a bit worried about finding it and getting a parking space...

is it as bad as i fear???

ive never driven in london b4

i'm going to olympia... would rather drive since i'm hoping to be buying stuff... but a bit worried about finding it and getting a parking space...

is it as bad as i fear???

ive never driven in london b4

If your a confident driver you will be fine. All I am unsure of is do you enter the congestion zone to ger there?

You can usually pre- book parking at Olympia, failing that get there early!
That part of town (Earls court) is usually pretty civilised driving. Depending on where your coming from (North?) if you avoid Hyde park corner (my favourite for kamekazi driving!) you will be fine. London driving is really not that bad, although Sundays are quite busy.

By the way, there is no congestion charge on a Sunday

By the way, there is no congestion charge on a Sunday

Thanks Persionista x

I never knew that! I just drive round thinking I am going to get in major trouble because I passed a big 'C' and forgot to pay the congestion.

How do you pre book parking?

Kate x

Call Olympia, they have a phone number for it I think. The car park is directly underneath the venue and very convenient to constantly load up the car with shopping!

Im driving up and if youre confident you'll be fine, i honestly dont think its as bad as everyone makes out unless you try driving down oxford st or somewhere. If you go onto the official olympia website it has a link there to prebook your parking :)

Oh and it isn't in the congestion zone but if you go to theaa.com and enter it into the route planner you can double check your route and theres a box you can tick that says avoid congestion/toll charges just to be very sure your route takes you around the charge zone and not through it. Of course this only applies if you go on the monday.

HTH x

Oh and btw I pre registered and they said theyd send my badge down in the post, has anyone got theirs yet?

Hi
I am going to olympia on Sunday from Cambridge by train. not sure if anyone else is going from my direction?
This is my first time it will be great to put faces to names and like a kid in a sweet shop i cant wait to spend,spend,spend!!
Loo

Latest posts

Back