Who is your inspiration - Personal and Professional?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie23

Reaction score
I opened up a thread cos of its title and soon realised it wasnt approriate for me to reply as it was aimed towards hairdressers. So it got me thinking, I have met some fabulous people in my life that I am honoured to say I have pleasure of being their friend. Others are icons in their industry some which are not related to the beauty industry. So here is a list of my inspirational people personal and professional.

My parents - I was so lucky to have fantastic parents, I had a very happy child hood.

My best friend Noreen - I love this woman so much, she is a wife, mother, teacher and the best friend a girl could ever have. She never judges and she is there for me regardless. I try and do the same for her.

A very good friend of mine whose name I am not mentioning cos he would be so embarrassed. This man is the reason I became a teacher, he is the best and most dynamic teacher I have ever met and over the years we have developed a very good friendship. He was there for me when all my family were not talking to me, and helped me whilst I was ill over the New Year. Words cant describe what I feel for this man, but quite simply he is the best man other than my father I have ever met.

Gigi - What a lady, she is so generous with her time and yet she must have to split herself into many pieces. I am in awe.

Victoria Francis - her art work is incredible!

Isabella Blow - the woman that discovered Philip Treacy and funded him till he became established. She was the editor of British Vogue and was a force of nature in the fashion world.

So thats my list, whats yours. I am hoping this will make an interesting read. Lets try and focus outside the industry as well, eh?

anne xx

This will sound terribly pretentious (cos I am!)- but its a quote by Confucious.

"Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

Its easy to say- not easy to do. But its all encompassing- in that it affects me daily as a dad, a husband and a business-person.

So- Who is your inspiration? Confucious!- what a ponce I am! :)

My Father initially .. he gave me business savvy and good ethics and taught me honesty and humility.

Growing up .. Anne Frank whose Diary and positive approach to life and her horrible situation totally inspired me to become strong and well educated. Imagine almost any 13 year old writing with the maturity of this young woman today! Also Madam Curie .... I wanted to be her and her story prompted me to take up the sciences and chemistry studies.

In my business ... Jan Arnold, Rhonda Benbo, Barbara Griggs, Jim Nordstrom and Doug Schoon which all add up to CND. A company with the values my father gave to me.

Today?? My daughter Samantha, her husband Samuel and my son Christian and his wife Rose for so many reasons both personal and professional.

Of course many others inspire me every day .. too many to mention and Annie you too ... you just go on no matter what and that in itself is a tremendous example and inspiration. :hug:

Tomorrow?? Who knows.

Wow, thanks Gigi I'm honoured! I do try to stay positive, dont see the point in being misreable.

I have the Diary of Anne Frank but I havn't read it as yet, must start it. My male friend is a Jew and he has told me of another girl in a similar situation I will ask for the title of her book and pass it on to you Gigi. If you like reading inspirational books One Child by Torey Hayden is a brilliant read, its about a teachers relationship with a violently disturbed young girl about 7 years old, and how she reaches through her complex barriers. Its a true story the first few pages are very harrowing but after that its much more readable.

Latest posts

Back