Who offers IBX and how long before nails improve?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Who on here offers IBX on their treatment menu and how long have you been doing it?

I want to offer this, can anyone tell me how long you have to treat nails for (and how often) before seeing a difference please?

How have you found it and are clients pleased with the results?

I did 2 for the first time this week. We saw results immediately (pictures below are before and immediately after 1 treatment). How often a client should get it depends on the condition of their nails (once a week for nails in poor health, biweekly for nails that are nearly there, once every 3 weeks for maintenance once they're good). 1 is a weekly client and due to the current state of her nails (very brittle, dry, thin, and peeling), I have recommended she get it weekly for now until all the peeling grows out. The other comes once a month. I have no choice but to suggest she get it on her monthly appointment. But both were pleased as they were able to see and feel a difference straight after.

Attachments

• 1966942_523729927747760_911928297_n.jpg
    1966942_523729927747760_911928297_n.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,776
  • 1622818_523729931081093_213008591_n.jpg
    1622818_523729931081093_213008591_n.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 675
The 3 clients that have had it saw result straight away and felt them too without any prompting, 2 have already booked for 2nd app

I agree, I have a large proportion of elderly ladies, even a few gents and IBX has made an instant improvement to all I have used it on - including my own!

Is it an on going treatment? Can people have colour on top of it? Xxx

Is it an on going treatment? Can people have colour on top of it? Xxx

Yes, it is ongoing. Recommendation is once a week till nails are better, then every two weeks and then every three weeks for maintenance. This is recommended under SOG manicures using a coat of both Repair and the IBX. On natural nails you can leave them bare and just buff them or you can polish them.

Silly question - I've got a hard gel client asking about it.... can it be used under a hard gel system? I was thinking it might be a bit pointless.

So if someone didn't want anything else only IBX, no polish, nothing - it would take how long? Just thinking about charges and hourly rate etc and how it would work out.

The prep and ibx process alone took me about 15 minutes. I would imagine it would be about 10 minutes (more or less) for the second and subsequent treatments as the second coat of ibx is not needed and only 3 minutes under the heated lamp instead of the initial 5.

So if someone didn't want anything else only IBX, no polish, nothing - it would take how long? Just thinking about charges and hourly rate etc and how it would work out.

The timings also depend on what lamp you are using to cure so it's much quicker using LED than UV.

Has anyone who use the CND lamp gone out and bought an LED one specifically for using with IBX?

I'm using my CND lamp for this. I would get an LED just to make it quicker, but I need to sort out my station's storage before I bring anything else in.

The prep and ibx process alone took me about 15 minutes. I would imagine it would be about 10 minutes (more or less) for the second and subsequent treatments as the second coat of ibx is not needed and only 3 minutes under the heated lamp instead of the initial 5.

So if it is done as a stand alone treatment with varnish or gel would you still do cuticle work and filing as part of the treatment? What do you charge for this?

Yes. I pushed back the cuticles and shaped the nails before I began with the ibx repair over the delaminated free edges, and continue from there. No one around here really comes to me unless they want some sort of color coating whether it be polish or Shellac, so I'm charging £10 for the first treatment, and £5 every treatment after on top of their chosen manicure service.

Yes. I pushed back the cuticles and shaped the nails before I began with the ibx repair over the delaminated free edges, and continue from there. No one around here really comes to me unless they want some sort of color coating whether it be polish or Shellac, so I'm charging £10 for the first treatment, and £5 every treatment after on top of their chosen manicure service.

Thank You for your quick reply. I ordered IBX on Friday just waiting for it to arrive! All my clients are either Shellac or Bio but thought I might be able to attract some new ones with just natural nails that need help!

Oh definitely! It's half and half at the moment for me. Some are Shellac clients and some are Vinylux clients. Either way it's a really nice treatment with instant results (which is what everyone likes). And because it's still new, no one around me has it (and seeing as they're cheap and cheerful, I highly doubt they ever will). :)

I've got my first client for IBX next week, so will post the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a couple of clients that currently wear Shellac but never get the full 2 weeks without a ingle chip as their nails are in such bad condition.

They wouldn't stop wearing Shellac yet I read that IBX needs to be applied Weekly, how would you deal with this?

Would it work on a two weekly basis?

Would you convince them to stop having Shellac and have this once a week until their nails improved?

I have had it sat their for a couple of weeks and am yet to use it.

It can be used "under" gel polish. In this case you would use it contentiously every 2 weeks (or however often you re-polish them).
You would use a full coat of repair (on a full nail) each time and coat of IBX each time on a full nail.

I have a couple of clients that currently wear Shellac but never get the full 2 weeks without a ingle chip as their nails are in such bad condition.

They wouldn't stop wearing Shellac yet I read that IBX needs to be applied Weekly, how would you deal with this?

Would it work on a two weekly basis?

Would you convince them to stop having Shellac and have this once a week until their nails improved?

I have had it sat their for a couple of weeks and am yet to use it.

Latest posts

Back