Who was it that asked about Newspaper Manicures?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh im pleased that somebody has tried this and has found it easy. It does look really good. I shall have to try now xx

I love it how do u apply it ? Can you use gel ?:)

Do you think it would work to transfer it onto the inhibition layer of shellac just before top coating?

Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Im not sure about Shellac or Gel as i have only tried nail varnish, i suppose if the Shellac or Gel can withstand a spray of hygeine spray then it can be done, why not try it on one nail, you deff will need a carefully applied top coat of something to stop it rubbing off tho.

I noticed on the video she was using 70% Isopropyl alcohol, so would our D-sperse work I wonder or would it be too harsh as it's 99%? Hmmmmm

So just thinking off the top of my head whether you would do a complete Shellac (or Gel), remove inhibition layer, then do the print with the alcohol, then another top coat??

I noticed on the video she was using 70% Isopropyl alcohol, so would our D-sperse work I wonder or would it be too harsh as it's 99%? Hmmmmm

So just thinking off the top of my head whether you would do a complete Shellac (or Gel), remove inhibition layer, then do the print with the alcohol, then another top coat??

Yes that's exactly what I would do... My Son's School Pics are in the local paper this week.. maybe I can put his face on my nails ... how funny would that be? :lol:

I'm sure it would work the way kelibabe88 has mentioned too... don't see why not :)

Yes that's exactly what I would do... My Son's School Pics are in the local paper this week.. maybe I can put his face on my nails ... how funny would that be? :lol:

I'm sure it would work the way kelibabe88 has mentioned too... don't see why not :)

My other half has gone away this morning for 2 weeks so I thin I'm going to have a little play tonight :)
I'll let you know how it goes putting it onto the inhibition layer of Shellac :)

Kxx

My other half has gone away this morning for 2 weeks so I thin I'm going to have a little play tonight :)
I'll let you know how it goes putting it onto the inhibition layer of Shellac :)

Kxx

Make sure you take a picture and upload :) xx

Make sure you take a picture and upload :) xx

I'll try!

Will be doing it on a nail wheel as I have dark shellac on at the moment...

Oh I'm all excited....I want to go home and have a play NOW!

Kxx

Love the newspaper nail art but wondered if you could do it with shellac?

I'll try!

Will be doing it on a nail wheel as I have dark shellac on at the moment...

Oh I'm all excited....I want to go home and have a play NOW!

Kxx

LOL, I love it when we get all excited about trying out new things! :) xx

Haha I've just STOLEN a newspaper page from one of the boys at work....don't worry - I left him the sports page and as it's the sun I left him with page 3 too!

Kxx

Thanks kelibabe, looking forward to the outcome. I'm wondering if you still use rubbing alcohol? C

That c was supposed to be x. Duh!

I've just tried this and I love it! And the only thing I had in the house to spray onto my nails was pre wax and it worked great! Think I'll be keeping a bundle of newspaper cut outs in my nail desk :) xx

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Im pretty sure im being thick but how do you get the print the right way round? Mine is back to front!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I don't think you can get it the correct way round. Just wondering if some website will reverse text, then print it of yourself? Might take a look today. Any news about whether it works with Shellac?

Just wondering if you can do the newspaper nail art with shellac and do you use rubbing alcohol?

Sorry didn't get a chance to try last night but im going to play today...when i crawl out of my bed

Kxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back