Why are most geeks not Premium?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a premium geek till not long ago! am hoping to renew it soon when i get some money!! xx

i cant become a premium geek because u have to pay through paypal and ive had some problems with them in the past so cant use them .

sam im glad you posted that!!!
i have been reading these posts starting to feel a little embarrassed and ashamed that i havent become a premmie yet:o

i know it wasnt intended to make people feel that way,but i almost felt obliged then to subscribe even though i only have £20 left to last me the whole week,plus all the usuall ...shopping...kids uniforms to buy !!:eek:
christmas round the corner again blah blah blah...
these may all sound like excuses but they are not..i really dont have the money at the moment,
its not that i dont want to sign up as i get it all for free anyway!...im just not in the position to at the moment,and have been this way for a long time,
i would love to be a premmie as i do get so much of this site and im here every opertunity i get plus i want to be able to put loads of pictures in the gallery :lol:
and if it was changed to a site for subscribers only ..yes a few would "find the money"
but a lot would also have to stay away...as if the moneys not there in the first place,it cant be found!!!
just to add btw..my post isnt aimed at anybody or anything an individual has said,i actually think this is a great topic to discuss,and its all healthy conversation,and it has also raised awareness of premmie geek status to new geeks who didnt even know it exsisted...excellent!!!
(((hugs))) emmaxxxx

I became a premium geek as I felt guilty not contributing while I spend so much time on here, getting loads of help & advice from other geeks. I think I only signed up for 3 months initially so should be due to run out soon, then I'll renew for a year to ease my guilty conscience :lol: To be honest, I don't use all the extras you get but it doesn't matter, I feel like I'm giving back a little for what I get out of the site.

This thread certainly wasn't meant to make anyone feel guilty. I know that some people struggle more than others financially and that it is up to the individual. Sorry if I made anyone feel awkward.

I am going to become a premium geek, just funds prevailing...

This thread certainly wasn't meant to make anyone feel guilty. I know that some people struggle more than others financially and that it is up to the individual. Sorry if I made anyone feel awkward.

I personally feel guilty whether or not you had started up the thread. I hate when someone does something nice for me, and I'm not in a position to say thanks appropriately, or show my appreciation. I'm of the mind 'one good turn deserves another', know what I mean?
So you do NOT need to apologize. You asked a question and got an answer. You got some people thinking more and this will be good in the end, particularly for this site.

Yes, I feel bad. But this is seperate from you. My finances have NOTHING to do with you and are certainly not your fault. Kids are expensive, that's the way of it. ESPECIALLY when they are in diapers or in activities.

Anyway, what I'm saying is this: dont apologize when you've done nothing wrong.

:hug:

Sorry I haven't replied to this thread earlier - I just reread your original post and I can honestly say that you did not word it in a way to make any one feel awkward:hug: .

I remember the day when I had to budget for a pint of milk when I was on my own with the my 3 big lads:eek: and it can be hard financially but now I am a lot better off, it was one of the first things I did - my way of thanking Sam and the others for all their hard work they put in - I have even bought (with proper cash:!: ) extra geekmolians so that I could buy gifts as I knew that it contributed to the running of the site :green:

Thankyou for starting the thread - it's helped and made the majority of geeks aware of aware of how we contribute to the site IF we have the funds available :green:

Hi,
I'm not a nail tech, but find all the info I can get on here great. As I work from home and don't work with anyone else, it's good to hear other peoples idea's and ways of doing things. I think its time I subscribe (even though I only have 2 clients a week at the moment, just as well its not my only job!).

Fayex

i cant become a premium geek because u have to pay through paypal and ive had some problems with them in the past so cant use them .

This was a reply to another thread by Zingara re paying through paypal....

*****Go into your User cp and click on paid subscriptions on the left hand side.

It says you need Paypal, but you can also pay by card

Here is some more info for you...

http://www.thenailgeek.com/how-do-st...ium-geeks.html ******

I'm not because I've only just heard about it through this thread! I will consider being preimium but will probably just subscribe for 4 weeks, though don't know what I stand to gain when I'm not trained yet - may put it off until November when I start my foundation?

You stand to gain loads just by the fact that you will be helping to sustain a valuable site that will give you a lot of information to help you when you start your foundation course and before that...if no one became a premium geek then Sam would be funding this site by himslef out of his own money. I became a premee as I wanted to give back something to help to maintain a site that is be a valuable source of information for ALL nail techs whether trained yet or not. I am not getting at anyone here just saying it like it is.

I can fully understand when people say they can't afford it. I'm a single mum and I have often had times when there is too much month at the end of the money. I think unless you've been there then you really can't realise how difficult it is when even the moths in your purse are hungry!!!

However! (didn't you know that was coming!) I think that the free training we get on here by some of the industries finest, the friendships we have forged, the laughs, the tears and the gossip we share are well worth the small donation to help keep this going (even putting a subs on your Christmas wish list! Better than that awful cheap perfume from Great Aunt Maud!).

I can fully understand when people say they can't afford it. I'm a single mum and I have often had times when there is too much month at the end of the money. I think unless you've been there then you really can't realise how difficult it is when even the moths in your purse are hungry!!!

I can soooooooooooooooooooo relate to this one :irked: Gonna have to remember that expression.

I think it's tricky prioritizing too sometimes. Like do I pay for my daughter to play t-ball? Or put the money on already accumulated debt?
Ummm I voted for tball since she doesn't have preschool in the summer and hardly sees other kids.
Come fall, I'll likely have two kids in preschool (haven't decided whether or not to put youngest as she'll end up doing 3yrs, know what I mean?) but that is 85$ dollars a month per child PLUS the cost of her transport there since I don't, as of yet, drive.
Add that to the mix: am learning to drive BUT we need a 2nd vehicle for me to drive in....... 2nd hand of course, who the heck can afford new. Just a klunker to drive my kids to preschool and that sort of thing.
But... ya see how it goes?

So, it's easy to say "it's only one client" but that 'one client" could be a bag of diapers or pair of shoes for my girls, or half the cost of t-ball for the summer.

so yes, I feel guilty (my own fault really) and when I can I WILL become premium.
I guess unless your a mum on a budget, it's a tad hard to understand sometimes.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: all around

tiara i had my paypal account taken off me and owe them £50 ish - i did not become a premmie because i thought i had to pay by paypal. you don't. follow the instructions and u can pay.

i still dont have a paypal account and still owe them money and i am a premium geek - and paypal aint getting a penny off me at all!!!

I wonder how many of us would suddenly be able to find the money if this site became accessable only to those who subscribed?

Just a thought........:rolleyes:
Mmm, then that would essentially lock me out...not because I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE! But because as much as some think it's a drop in the bucket, I just don't have it (hence the reason it was gifted to me by one of my friends here) I haven't even bought myself a pair of shoes since 2004 for Christ's sake!! And I don't say that for pity or sympathy, I say it because it is a real situation that happens to real people, every real day. No one should be made to feel bad just because they are not at the time able to become a premmie, nor should they put themselves into a financial bind to become one!

This site would become a bummer if only those that can afford to contribute were allowed to ;)

sassy your comments did give me a giggle...to much month at the end of the money :green: i love it !
and the moths in my purse are just dust and bones ...lol
i agree too that
*us skint'uns are not after sympathy,but facts are facts...
*we know this thread was to provoke awareness and thought..not guilt..i do feel bad for not being a prem,but not because of what other people think but ,because I think i should be
and as soon as poss im gunna do it...only for 5 weeks (£4) i didnt know you could even do that lol i thought it had to be a year! see so this thread has done its job !
but its still set in my head...being a mum..to think FOUR POUND!!!!!! thats 2 school shirts and some socks from asda :green:

hello eveyone.

long time no chat!!!

sorry to bring back an old thread but ....
i would just like to say a huge thanks 4 this tread about premium geeking.
i was worried about being able to pay as i forgot my password to my paypal account but going trough the instuctions finally helped me close my old account and pay for a years subs without having to open a new one.... yey i am so happy, gonna start sorting some photos out so you can all see sum of my work :)

happy days xxxxx

Latest posts

Back