Why are there so many 'messers' around?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just went back to the start of this thread and read halfway down the page.

I totally agree with geeg. On the basis, that I have done these stupid things. I have mixed products with cheaper versions of things. this is going way back to the beginning, ie ebay. I found it cheaper to buy from ebay rather than from a reputable company because it was cheaper. Big mistake that was. Although I never had any issues (thankfully) it was an uneducated error on my part and could have cost me dearly.

Yes this economic climate is costing us more and more and we are struggling, but if we want to succeed we need to think "is it better to cheap out on products, or is it better to keep my clients happy with the service they have always received?"

As for hygiene, well I can tell you I have worked in 2 salons (not mentioning any names) that I cringed at. One in Germany run by brits and one in South East UK. The German one, I could have died after learning alot about sanitiation, they never practised this. No client cleansing or us for that matter (me excluded as I kept a little alco-gel in my desk), I even saw them do a pedicure on a client where they put the spatula into the scrub, wiped on the clients foot then put it back in the tub :smack: and the place was dusty from the e-filing and they never cleaned it, even in the tattoo room it was all dusty :(. The UK one wasn't much better, she wanted me to use cheaper products for her to save money and again she never sanitised her area. I used all my own equipment so I made sure it was always sterilised the way I did for mobile and my own salon.

It's sad to see how people are cutting corners to save a bit of cash these days. I have saw some sites of nails made by so called 'nail techs' and from a US forum, I have saw what can go badly wrong with unhygienic salons and services :cry:

I am trying to get my mobile business back on track but I am buying all my products from CND as I am not making any mistakes on products and services I want to offer now.

Angela

i'd say that the messers and cowboys will come and go and the true professionals will be there, working away , till they, themselves decide to hang up their file or hairdryer etc.

So you would proberbly call me messer? As I am forever getting complaints but still trying to get the technique better.

I have got the Gel Qualification from my college course. However I don't feel as if I deserve it. Ok yes I was mixing NSI & CND products together.
However I saved up and purchased the whole set up... but I still get problems. I am currently saving up to do a NSI course which is so far out from my area I have to catch a train and stay over night there.

But the thing is on my college course, they never taught us about using just on system, hey they didn't even teach us about apex placement and zones.
With only practically three weeks to learn gel extensions, gel overlays, and silk / fibre glass extensions, all packed into an hour class. This is why I feel I don't deserve it. My gel overlays are fab and never get a bother, it will forever be my extensions.

But I like to come here and get the advice from experienced techs, to help me solve my problems as the college couldn't really care.

But now that I have seen this post it has actually annoyed me.
So here is a "messer" who is brave enough to reply to this.

i think the difference is, you are working towards improving yourself ,which i think is to be commended. so well done . in my opinion a messer doesn't know or care if their treatment is up to scratch they just want to make a quick buck.

Latest posts

Back