Why do I say yes to these things?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
I must really love a challenge, I always end up saying yes to massive colour changes, does anyone else do this or do you just look at some clients and say no.. Just no..

So here's our target

image.jpg

Client is currently a very faded copper (xxl Semi type I believe) like an 8.43 & 9.34 mixture of messed up tones going on : previous history is bleached the living day lights out of (at home) natural base 7 1" of root.

Needless to say we will be using olaplex for this one.

Would you just say no to this or would you do it? Just curious really o_O

You would have to bleach a couple of time in order to get that Aqua color on the top! Her color just looks like it's faded in the picture, but if she has red right now it's going to take a couple of times she will not get this color the first 2 times I would think. Very tricky but the client needs to be prepared for A process!

Ekkk lol. Instinct will tell me to leave well alone - pig headedness will make me want to try it lol

..(don't know your colour house)
Ermm...jeez gurl lol
Personally I'd get dolly head out for this one..

I think I'd start lifting the top right out then starting from the bottom with a blue black (I use Igora for that) lightly diluted with an 10 to lighten it a bit and balayage it up by adding more 10 to the blue black to ending with a fashion turquoise on top

Downside is the top will fade so much quicker than the rest

Be a massive challenge but I would probably say yes too to push myself! Have you taken any cuttings and done any tests yet?

Depends on the client. I like to push myself , but hair can only go so far. Going from red to teal may be a bit unrealistic.

Ekkk lol. Instinct will tell me to leave well alone - pig headedness will make me want to try it lol

..(don't know your colour house)
Ermm...jeez gurl lol
Personally I'd get dolly head out for this one..

I think I'd start lifting the top right out then starting from the bottom with a blue black (I use Igora for that) lightly diluted with an 10 to lighten it a bit and balayage it up by adding more 10 to the blue black to ending with a fashion turquoise on top

Downside is the top will fade so much quicker than the rest
Would you blue black straight over the blonde? Any particular reason you like schwarpskopf for blue black? , I'll probably be using framesi for the top they do a lovley 9.6 which is a lilac & yellow nutraliser with a bit of pure blue (going to mess around with ratios to mix later today) I saw a fab colour by Ken Wong this week where he mixed an ash 8 with a cm of blue, it was so bright so I'll try that out too, I'm defo pig headed then lol I have no intention of turning this down lol just hope her hair can actually take it! Low and slow will be the order of Saturday lol

Definitely give it a go but warn her about the fade.
It will probably fade a lot within a couple of weeks (and look hideous!) so will you get her to pre-book an appointment for a re-do in December?

I must really love a challenge, I always end up saying yes to massive colour changes, does anyone else do this or do you just look at some clients and say no.. Just no..

So here's our target

View attachment 192382

Client is currently a very faded copper (xxl Semi type I believe) like an 8.43 & 9.34 mixture of messed up tones going on : previous history is bleached the living day lights out of (at home) natural base 7 1" of root.

Needless to say we will be using olaplex for this one.

Would you just say no to this or would you do it? Just curious really o_O
I would dive in,but take cuttings to test,and make sure she realises iif it wont lift sufficiently plans might have to change :)

Plan b is purple on top ;)

Yes @AcidPerm ill definatley see her again before Xmas!

uld you blue black straight over the blonde? Any particular reason you like schwarpskopf for blue black?
You'd need to pre pig it, but no reason for Igora, I guess I tried it once and and stuck with it lol. It's the only non Matrix colours lol

Would you blue black straight over the blonde? Any particular reason you like schwarpskopf for blue black? , I'll probably be using framesi for the top they do a lovley 9.6 which is a lilac & yellow nutraliser with a bit of pure blue (going to mess around with ratios to mix later today) I saw a fab colour by Ken Wong this week where he mixed an ash 8 with a cm of blue, it was so bright so I'll try that out too, I'm defo pig headed then lol I have no intention of turning this down lol just hope her hair can actually take it! Low and slow will be the order of Saturday lol

SATURDAY!!!!! :eek:
I take my hat off to you.
This would be a Tuesday afternoon 'do'..... if indeed I dared at all...! :p
GOOD LUCK :)

SATURDAY!!!!! :eek:
I take my hat off to you.
This would be a Tuesday afternoon 'do'..... if indeed I dared at all...! :p
GOOD LUCK :)
I was going to say the same too!

It would have been but I'm dead this Saturday (fully booked every one right up to Xmas tho) seems a shame to sit around doing bog all on a Saturday so I popped this in lol

Omg I did it again....

I don't even like this colour either....

Starting point, 6.3 all over tinted (hiding old bleach) with some scattered foils throughout the top (it's had enough bleach already imo) an inch of root level 5 with 30% white... Very thick course hair.... Here's what she wants...

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ahh... The joys of being a hairdresser....

It says blonde and red can exist. But. It looks purple on my phone to me? And the blonde has been caught by the purple/red?!

It says blonde and red can exist. But. It looks purple on my phone to me? And the blonde has been caught by the purple/red?!
Yea it looks like it's run but you'd probably expect that from a colour like this lol, her text to me mentioned a red/purple lol she can have what I give lol

It's awful stripey tho isn't it, the more I look at it in wondering how to place the foils... The video showed horizontal ones so perhaps I'll do some back to backs and flood the rest with the red/purple lol

The first picture looks a lot more stripey than the second! I wonder how it's going to fade

Omg I did it again....

I don't even like this colour either....

Starting point, 6.3 all over tinted (hiding old bleach) with some scattered foils throughout the top (it's had enough bleach already imo) an inch of root level 5 with 30% white... Very thick course hair.... Here's what she wants...

View attachment 192452View attachment 192453

Ahh... The joys of being a hairdresser....
Instagram has a lot to answer for, think this pic is doing the rounds at the moment as the latest thing to ask for, you can bet in a month they want to go back to blonde all over!

Latest posts

Back