Why do people think very short courses are OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your clients are used to having great nails, then they are not going to put up with nasty ones .. How could a person doing bad nails poach your clients if they were happy with their nails in the first place? If clients are being poached then there will be a reason for it otherwise clients don't leave a salon for an inferior service at an inferior price (not in droves anyway).

There have always been 'cowboys' in every sphere of business and ours seems to attract huge amounts of them ... why??? Precisely because of these short type courses that promise the earth and give nothing and the 'mentality' of so many that doing nails, or beauty, or tanning or lashes is EASY peasy japoneasy. They soon find out that it is not, and that they have wasted more money than they will ever make!

I may have used the wrong word by saying 'poaching', but you still have clients that will go to these cheaper places and then come back to you and want decent nails, its just that it really can knock your confidence when this happens.

I may have used the wrong word by saying 'poaching', but you still have clients that will go to these cheaper places and then come back to you and want decent nails, its just that it really can knock your confidence when this happens.

Well I would try not to let it knock your confidence or to take things personally ... neither is productive for you in a business.

Clients have the right to go wherever they want and for whatever reason (usually to save money or time). Humans are curious creatures and want to try out different things .. maybe they need to prove to themselves that they have made the right decision and are are going to the right place!! When they come back to you you'll never loose them.

It's like shopping !! I know exactly what I like and choose it instantly. Others also know but have to try on hundreds of things to convince themselves they were right in the first place!! lol

Even with nail products we technicians try out other things even though we are happy with what we are using JUST TO SEE if we are missing out on anything ... when clients return to 'home base' they usually never leave you and their trust in themselves is renewed.

Others also know but have to try on hundreds of things to convince themselves they were right in the first place!! lol

That is sooooo me. :lol:

Latest posts

Back