Why doctor's details?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelibabe88

Reaction score
I'm forever being asked by clients why I need there doctors details on their contact forms...
I'm just re vamping my forms now and wanted to put why on there so I don't have to tell everyone.
How would you word it?
Kxx

Well usually it is a legal/insurance requirement to have full medical details for every client, but also in case of an emergency you can give the paramedics their Drs details to help pull their medical records quicker for treatment.
Well that's what I've been led to believe anyway 😃

I took the doctor details of mine in the end. I didn't see the point! Whoops x

if some one has a reaction the first call you should make is to their doctor... if its an already treated condition then the information could be invaluable, .. if not they can talk with you till the ambulance gets there.

The nail & beauty industries use chemicals which haven known allergenic properties, which means there is more likelihood for this to happen, although its still a very small probability.

I am an anergy suffering Nail Tech/Beautician/Make up artist ... and the rest!
I have learned why the doctor is on the end of the phone for me.

That one always baffles me and I feel slightly nervous when asking!

I'm really not sure, but in regards to the post about allergenic properties being in the industry its the same for the hair industry and we don't ask doctors details when colouring. Knowing their name is more than enough for paramedics, and your first point of call would be 999 for an emergence which often requires you to stay on the line to be able to asses the situation second by second and relay back to the paramedics.
Check with your insurance but from a hair view I can't see much use xoxo

This is an odd one. Tomme I'm with you on this one. In any event that you called to speak with a clients GP it's highly unlikely they would be available never mind breach every law binding them to data protection and patient confidentiality.

In an emergency you would either ask the client to attend A&E or phone 999.

P c

How comfortable are clients at giving the details anyway? My mum works for a doctors and the only persons details I am allowed to see are my own. When I go in her room off goes the pc screen for confidentiality.
I know which doctor every member of my family see's, but that's just basic family knowledge xoxo

How comfortable are clients at giving the details anyway? My mum works for a doctors and the only persons details I am allowed to see are my own. When I go in her room off goes the pc screen for confidentiality.
I know which doctor every member of my family see's, but that's just basic family knowledge xoxo
Hi Tomme 😃 most of the time clients are happy enough to fill out their details as they are made aware beforehand that they are treated in strict confidence and the records kept under lock and key ( a legal requirement) they are also made aware that many medications, skin disorders, illnesses, etc. are contra indicated to treatments, so we must be informed of their medical history, for their safety and also to keep ourselves covered insurance wise.

You do get people who don't tell the full story but usually you find out eventually eg. The girl who didn't tell me she was taking medication for acne and it affected her when I did facial waxing.
x

Hi Tomme 😃 most of the time clients are happy enough to fill out their details as they are made aware beforehand that they are treated in strict confidence and the records kept under lock and key ( a legal requirement) they are also made aware that many medications, skin disorders, illnesses, etc. are contra indicated to treatments, so we must be informed of their medical history, for their safety and also to keep ourselves covered insurance wise.

You do get people who don't tell the full story but usually you find out eventually eg. The girl who didn't tell me she was taking medication for acne and it affected her when I did facial waxing.
x

I understand that part, I just don't understand doctors details. I ask about illness and medication but not for details of doctor is all. Maybe its the one area that really separates our industry, although I have contemplated adding it onto my record cards so the beautician doesn't have to ask my clients to full it out on hers we can just ask their permission to copy it to her file or vice versa xoxo

I don't ask for GP details on my consult forms. What for? Those details are useless to me and in case of an emergency the paramedics would deal with it and I doubt they'd call their GP to help fix them!?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I don't ask for GP details on my consult forms. What for? Those details are useless to me and in case of an emergency the paramedics would deal with it and I doubt they'd call their GP to help fix them!?

I know, I have to say I always say to the client, ' Now I will never, ever be contacting your doctor, but it is a requirement for my insurance and all details are treated confidentially....etc.'
as I feel a bit daft asking for their Drs name and address. This is just what ie been taught to do and while my insurance requires me to do it I will continue to do so x

If you feel awkward you could just ask for the address of the medical practice they attend - not everyone sees the same GP anyway. From time to time I request GP approval for some advanced electrolysis procedures and linking the GP name to the client makes me feel confident that they actually had a consultation! However I tend to agree with the insurance bit - if they make a claim then the insurer's have a named contact.

in some cases when a treatment is contra-indicated you will need to obtain written consent from the clients Dr that he gives his permission for the treatment to be carried out. xx

in some cases when a treatment is contra-indicated you will need to obtain written consent from the clients Dr that he gives his permission for the treatment to be carried out. xx

But this is done separately to the consultation form and this is the only time I would need GP details. So Id ask for them to put onto a letter to GP. Even when consent is required, I mostly accept the clients declaration that they have had verbal consent from their GP. They sign to confirm this on my forms and is accepted by my insurance company.

Latest posts

Back