Why does it take me so long to rebalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalieainge

Reaction score
hi geeks, im looking for some advice. iv been "doing" liquid & powder nails now since 2004. i trained with cnd & have done 2 extra skills classes including the rebalancing.

my full sets are pretty good but its just taking me so long to rebalance 60-90mins! (desperate for 45 mins) i use a 100/180 grit to adjust length, tidy zone 3 and then remove the apex - i just seem to be filing forever.

perhaps im removing too much product? - i just dont want them to be too thick when i re-apply the smile line.

should i buy a smaller brush so im not tempted to apply too much new product during the rebalance?

perhaps they need to be thinner when i first apply the set? - but i dont want to lose the strength.

then when i have finished applying product i have to use the 180 & 240 files to make them smooth - im guessing this is just my application tho as ideally id just like to use the 240 buffer then shine

if anyone has any suggestions i would be very grateful.

thanks all

Here's a picture of my most recent set:

dec08nails.jpg

takes me about 1 & 1/2 hrs ive been doing them for about 12 years and im still no quicker!!:hug:

i think this time is acceptable if you are producing nice nails hth :hug:

these nails look great hun.. stop worrying... xxx

why rush hun my rebalance is around an hour too
I had a client yesterday who complained that the last salon she went to she felt rushed as she was in and out in 40 minutes for her rebalance, because i took an hour she didnt feel rushed she felt pampered and had a nice treatment.

as long as your completing quality nails i wouldnt worry about your time its very acceptable

why rush hun my rebalance is around an hour too
I had a client yesterday who complained that the last salon she went to she felt rushed as she was in and out in 40 minutes for her rebalance, because i took an hour she didnt feel rushed she felt pampered and had a nice treatment.

as long as your completing quality nails i wouldnt worry about your time its very acceptable

I agree, your nails look good and your client will have had a nice relaxing break from her usual day to day, so no need to worry about your timing.

thanks that sounds like some good advice perhaps i am overlooking the pampering side of nails again

I have been doing acrylic for just under 2 years and its only in the past couple of months I have managed to shave my rebalances down to 1hr 15mins, and even then thats not for all clients, some do take longer. If I could do it in 45 mins I would be scared I'd missed something out!!!!!

Some clients, if they have very small short nails can only take me an hour, but they are very far and few between!

Rebalances take me 1 and a half hours, the only time I am quicker is if I am doing an 'infill' (which hardly ever happens). I am quicker when applying single colour overlay ready for the use of polish but I would say your time is just fine.

Your nails look great by the way. I think you should go on the Masters Course with Creative, that's the best way to learn and improve your techniques. The Master Rebalance course seems the one for you to go on.

Try, thinning out zone 1 just past where the new smile line would be, thin out zone 3 and then remove shine from zone 2. I've been using the out back buffer to do zone 1 and it's really quick.

Hopefully by doing this, it will reduce your time. Oh and I don't always use cuticle remover, sometime I just use my pushie and probe dry.

HTH

Latest posts

Back