Why does xxl do what we can't ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bedoope

Reaction score
It's so frustrating. I've tried so many times to achieve a vibrant colour on my daughters hair. But only with constant use of crazy colour or the like can I keep it looking bright. So I gave in and let my daughter buy the dreaded xxl. Now as a hairdresser this has killed me to admit but her hair looks fab. The colour is lasting. And it doesn't feel in too bad condition. Why oh why is it soooooo hard to do the same with professional products. Argggghhhhh !!!!!!!!

i know exactly how you feel i had a client who wanted bright purple and i tried and tried but couldnt get exactly the vibrant colour she wanted but she was still happy then she walked in one day with the colour and said she used the xxl and basically said it was a fiver compared to my 50 odd quid lol i mean what can you say back to that and like your daughter hair was brilliant condition didnt fade what else can you do x

But eventually they will get bored of these colours and want you to change it?

Yeah but what faith are clients going to have if our expensive colours are no better than a cheap box one. I know professional colours are better etc. But trying telling that to clients who have done their own and got good results. Why can't wella or l'oreal do what xxl can, even if it means compromising condition a little xxxx

Really? When i was looking for a vibrant purple I tried loreal and xxl box dyes they both sucked and were far too red based. Then i tried Koleston 55/66 with the blue pearl mixer and it gives a lovely vibrant purple, expecially if you pre lighten the hair slightly. It does fade quickly but on my hair I found it went from a dark purple black, almost cherry colour, to vibrant purple and faded into pinky purple brown.

Oh and also, the best semi permanent purple Ive used is PLUM by directions. Very vibrant, you can slap it on over hair thats been lightened only to the red stage and it will still be incredibly bright, with colour lasting up to 2 weeks if washed every day. Bit annoying to have to redo it so often but very much worth it for the lovely colour.

Latest posts

Back