why has this started happening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vix2000

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone has had experience of this before and could explain why. I have been having silk wraps for years on a regular basis with regular infills. Over christmas I was ill so let them all grow out and had a break for a few months. When i got them redone they lasted all of 10 days before they al peeled off. So I had them done a few weeks ago as I was going away for the weekend. I had them done thursday afternoon. The first one started lifting thursday night and I had lost 2 by friday night. By the time I came home on Monday I had 3 nails left and they came off by wednesday. So the full set lasted less than a week. An expensive set!!! My technician says shes using exactly the same stuff and I'm not doing anything different so wondered if the experts on here have come across this before and have any ideas? Thanks.

Not wanting to get to personal.. but.. I find when this happens to my clients they are on some wort of medication... One of my clients had VERY red marks on her nail beds and lifting . I thought it was me and freaked out.. turned out that she had started anti depressants and that what the cause was... Being ill may and taking medication may have had its toll on your nails as well as body..
Just an idea..
Hope you get it sorted
x Mel

are your nails in decent condition, illness or incorrect removal can lead to weak nails and weak damaged nails are not a good foundation to nail products.

hi, thanks for all the ideas. I'm not on any medication but my nails are thin due to the wraps peeling off. Nothing else has changed. I think I might let my nails grow up to strengthen them, although I hate my nails looking rough.

Latest posts

Back