Why is it OK to touch skin with the Solar Oil brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make it a habit not to touch the clients' skin with the Solar Oil brush ... I always use the dropper ... Our solar oil never lasts long enough for the rubber on the dropper to perish! lol

I like the gauze pad idea but you could also use a dedicated pipette for the same job ... they are inexpensive enough to buy and you could re-use it as often as you like, if your Solar Oil hangs around long enough for the rubber to perish.

I make it a habit not to touch the clients' skin with the Solar Oil brush ... I always use the dropper ... Our solar oil never lasts long enough for the rubber on the dropper to perish! lol

I like the gauze pad idea but you could also use a dedicated pipette for the same job ... they are inexpensive enough to buy and you could re-use it as often as you like, if your Solar Oil hangs around long enough for the rubber to perish.

I don't think it's the rubber in the dropper lid perishing, the problem is that when it's done up tightly the rubber actually pops out of the plastic... Which is a problem if you're mobile as it either leaks from a loose lid or leaks from the rubber popping out! I know this because it's the first thing I discovered when I bought my lovely big SolarOil :(

I did ask S2 if they knew where I could buy a new dropper lid (not a separate pipette as then you get oil everywhere if there's still some residue left inside). They said no :/

Xxx

I like the cotton bud idea too. <3

The rubber will perish if the bottle is old.

Thank you again for all your responses, I think I will purchase a pipette to use with the smaller bottles. The cotton bud and gauze seem like good ideas too, but not sure if I would be wasting product if these items absorbed more than I needed? (Although that could just be me being tight! ) lol. I appreciate you all taking the time to respond, especially with been a newbie :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back