Why is it so hard to choose a colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephR

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm currently sat here tearing my hair out trying to decide what shellac colour to do my nails. I have this problem everytime I do them but it never stops at the colour. I then have a problem with deciding if I want to rockstar, use additives, nail art etc.

With so many ideas going around in my head I'm surprised my head hasn't burst yet. The "what nails are you sporting today" thread doesn't help the situation much either lol, just confuses me more.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem

xxx

Ha ha ha.... This is something my clients have a problem with, too much choice. I have one lady who took 45 minutes to decide. I'm pretty easy and just choose a colour then get on with it, if I don't like it I change it, when I was younger I used to have ten different nails just because I couldn't decide. The joys of being a nail tech :) xx

My clients have exactly the same problem... It's nice that they are so impressed with all the colour/design choices! Me, I just choose a few that take my fancy on the day. I narrow it down to 3 then close my eyes, mix them up and choose at random ;)

At the moment I have Hot Chillies with Silver Holographic Hexagons.

https://www.facebook.com/tiptoenail...83296683.67258.199136463487079&type=1&theater

xxx

Haha I usually get one of kids to decide. Only problem is my daughter always goes for pink and my lil man wants me to have blue or green.

I've currently got tutti frutti on my toes with irresistible candy pink glitter and a few Swarovski crystals so don't really want anything that clashes to badly cause I'm trying to stay in flip flops for as long as possible lol xxx

If there is a shellac colour that's not shifting I get it on my nails and hey presto clients want it:cool:

Hi there, Here is an idea for ya...

why choose when you have all of them anyways?

Close your eyes count to 10 & pick randomly. If you dont like it try it again.
Do it until the color you picked is what you really want.
If by the 5th time you still dont like it then just do a clear & white french with some nail art! :wink2:

If you find it boring the next day you can just redo them with something you do like...like perhaps glittered tips or just a different color or 3 colors combined or even marbleize! :)

The choices are endless so just have fun with it. :Love:

Hope this helped.

I am like that too, love to try different things each time but have loads of ideas think I will try 10 different nails next time hehe!!

P.s Love those nails verdepurdy xx

Lol I've one hand with Blackpool and blue additives, the other the same except for I've also got spectrum shimmer!

I normally put whatevers new on my nails, people normally go oh thats lovely!at the moment its Gelish - up in the blue with vegas nights over then ive had a go at one stroke nail art blue n white. :D

im exactly the same!!hate deciding what to have! even when i think oh im going to have such and such next time, by the time i do my nails ive changed my mind again lol!its hard trying to come up with something different every time as whenever ido something different everyone wants whati have on lol

sometimes ill do one colour or rockstar for a few days then ill put another coat on and do some carving out so you see the underneath colour aswell...doing it this way i dont get so bored so quickly and then i dont have to pick just one colour!

Well i didn't get around to doing them last night cause my little man woke up screaming so has to settle him which took forever.

I was going to go for a nice dark autumn colour but I've only gone a broken a nail all the way down so only have about 2mm of free edge now so means all my other nails will have to go short now. I don't like dark colours on short nails so I'm stuck again. This is when I wish I offered acrylics or gel so I could extend my nail so they all match!!

xxx

Well i didn't get around to doing them last night cause my little man woke up screaming so has to settle him which took forever.

I was going to go for a nice dark autumn colour but I've only gone a broken a nail all the way down so only have about 2mm of free edge now so means all my other nails will have to go short now. I don't like dark colours on short nails so I'm stuck again. This is when I wish I offered acrylics or gel so I could extend my nail so they all match!!

xxx

Oh dear, hope your little man is ok, my tiny one is teething at the mo,nightmare, well I say tiny shes 2 lol!!

I'm the same, I wish I could do gels or l&p as I've broke my thumb nail today :( xx

Oh dear, hope your little man is ok, my tiny one is teething at the mo,nightmare, well I say tiny shes 2 lol!!

I'm the same, I wish I could do gels or l&p as I've broke my thumb nail today :( xx

Yes he's fine just think it was a bad dream.

I've got to get saving, want to do the CND complete course next year! Then broken nails will be a worry of the past xxx

Latest posts

Back