Why is it so hard to choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camillebates

Reaction score
I have spent several days solid researching and researching gel polish brands and I'm still none the wiser!

I only have a small (pretty much non existent, haha) budget. Do I need to buy a complete starter kit? Or do I just need to get base coat, top coat and colours? I have dehydrator and primer already, can I used what I have (while I'm practising) or do I need brand specific products? what about wipe off stuff (sorry not 100% sure of the names, lol, they're all different!)

Does anyone know of anyone who does sample sizes? or trial kits? I just want something to practise with until I have a little bit more money and can start buying a decent set up.

Thanks in advance!

(BTW I am manicure trained :) just starting out in gel polish territory!)

Well, if you want to choose a UV polish brand to work with (Shellac, Gelish etc.) and you can't decide, then just try to have them applied on your nails and see how you like. Once you decide, I would recommend to do one day training with the company you have chosen as you will learn not only an application step by step and removal, but most importantly you will get all the trade tips from educators. CND (Shellac) and Nail Harmony (Gelish) do offer some good value starter kits which is worth looking at.

Good luck with any system you choose!

I recommend NSI polish pro (UV gel polish). For $30 you get a base coat, top coat and a colour. Each bottle is $9.50 so its affordable and they have a fantastic colour range. At the moment they have about 50 different colours but im pretty sure they've just brought out the neon range. Its absoloutly beautiful to work with and again budget friendly. You will need to buy some cleanse to wipe off the tacky layer. I think the cheapest NSI has is about $5 and it has a beautiful grape smell to it. A little goes along way. Hope this helps!

I am a huge fan of artistic
It's a great gel easy to use and for me it works :)
They often have good deals on and have a huge range of colours

Ps I mean gel polish

Latest posts

Back