Why is it taking me so long???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My b/f says the same emma... not to be so hard on myself but you know how it is when you first start out!! I will get there im sure =)..

Thank youxx

No PP.. it was how I worded it!

What I was concerened about was removing the strip of lashes from the tray, placing it on the back of my hand and then not using them all.

Would the stickyness be lost and therefore the strip of lashes of no use anymore.....

Does that make better sense??

If the stickyness goes just use a bit of micropore tape on each end of the strip to tape on your hand.

I think I am going to try the boxes of strips of indivdual lashes - these sound to be so much quicker x

Ok so how about....

start with the right eye and your table to your right...

on a silicone pad, start with say your 13mm lashes (for arguments sake say 6 lashes) and line up and get them ready (whether your using mink or lose) try and place them on the pad the direction you need to pick them up? start at the outside corner and isolate with your left...pick up with your right, maybe if they are lined up ready you could learn to pick up with one hand. 2mm along isolate another then attach...do this 4 times. I do one eye then another so then id line up say 4 11mm lashes and do the same. then 9mm lashes and the same again. Then line up say 10 x 10mm and fill fill fill all the way along. Then do it again. and maybe again. at this point maybe your will be able to get 4-5 8mm towards the inner corner of the eye. So work that out.... you could have around 60 lashes her...full set.... sometimes more. Dont think that big lashes are everything, you will get a good effect from smaller ones too. and they are more gentle on lashes!!!

Im trying my best to describe how i do it. But everyone is different. I do think lining them up in the direction you would pick them up may help xx

I did about 50 sets before I posted a pic on here and asked....should I charge. I did many sets a day xxx

Thanks for the tip PP..x

If the stickyness goes just use a bit of micropore tape on each end of the strip to tape on your hand.

I think I am going to try the boxes of strips of indivdual lashes - these sound to be so much quicker x
Thank you x

No PP.. it was how I worded it!

What I was concerened about was removing the strip of lashes from the tray, placing it on the back of my hand and then not using them all.

Would the stickyness be lost and therefore the strip of lashes of no use anymore.....

Does that make better sense??

nooo just put them back in the tray its no big deal...if they are lose in the tray thats ok.. ive pulled ones out and not used them then used them lose from the tray for another client. But now i hold down the strip in the tray and get out what i think ill need ready xx

I think with the loose lashes the time consuming bit is picking the lash up at the right angle & end, by using the strip lashes will completly cut this out - which will save quite a bit of time x

I think with the loose lashes the time consuming bit is picking the lash up at the right angle & end, by using the strip lashes will completly cut this out - which will save quite a bit of time x[

I find sometimes i go to pull a lash out of a tray and the whole strip comes out :)

Ok so how about....

start with the right eye and your table to your right...

on a silicone pad, start with say your 13mm lashes (for arguments sake say 6 lashes) and line up and get them ready (whether your using mink or lose) try and place them on the pad the direction you need to pick them up? start at the outside corner and isolate with your left...pick up with your right, maybe if they are lined up ready you could learn to pick up with one hand. 2mm along isolate another then attach...do this 4 times. I do one eye then another so then id line up say 4 11mm lashes and do the same. then 9mm lashes and the same again. Then line up say 10 x 10mm and fill fill fill all the way along. Then do it again. and maybe again. at this point maybe your will be able to get 4-5 8mm towards the inner corner of the eye. So work that out.... you could have around 60 lashes her...full set.... sometimes more. Dont think that big lashes are everything, you will get a good effect from smaller ones too. and they are more gentle on lashes!!!

Im trying my best to describe how i do it. But everyone is different. I do think lining them up in the direction you would pick them up may help xx

I did about 50 sets before I posted a pic on here and asked....should I charge. I did many sets a day xxx

Last question before bed!

So for a typical set of 60 lashes per eye, you would use around 6 x 13, 4 x 11, 4 x 9, a load of 10s and a few 8's... or am I getting muddled again? x

Last question before bed!

So for a typical set of 60 lashes per eye, you would use around 6 x 13, 4 x 11, 4 x 9, a load of 10s and a few 8's... or am I getting muddled again? x

I meant 6x13, 6 x 11 4 x 9 and fill with 10s.

Well it depends on the client but yeah thats a pattern as such.

For dramatic i go... 6 x 15mm, 6 x 13mm, 4 x 11mm, 4 x 9mm and fill with 10s and 12s all in a 0.15 or 0.20 xxx and if I have space i put another 4 x 15mm 0.25 lashes spaced evenly from the outer corner to the middle. This works well with C curl

For more natural I go.... 6 x 12, 6 x 10, 4 - 6 x 8 and fill with 7's I use a 0.15 for more natural look lashes

Does that make sense.

I meant 6x13, 6 x 11 4 x 9 and fill with 10s.

Well it depends on the client but yeah thats a pattern as such.

For dramatic i go... 6 x 15mm, 6 x 13mm, 4 x 11mm, 4 x 9mm and fill with 10s and 12s all in a 0.15 or 0.20 xxx and if I have space i put another 4 x 15mm 0.25 lashes spaced evenly from the outer corner to the middle. This works well with C curl

For more natural I go.... 6 x 12, 6 x 10, 4 - 6 x 8 and fill with 7's I use a 0.15 for more natural look lashes

Does that make sense.

Perfect sense! Thanks PP xx

Latest posts

Back