Why no phone calls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileKat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've held off for a while for fear of hearing negative comments, but hear goes......
I've had over 50 views on my website this past week but have received 0 phonecalls, can you take a look at my website and tell me why you think this may be happening?

Many thanks

www.glamhairus.co.uk

I think
Having pictures of your work helps, it helps me. I don't think you should set your hair extension prices like that as clients know how much the hair is and what your putting on top for fitting. Clients don't really like that in my opinion. Also you shouldn't have a link to your hair extension supplier as they will just go on there and buy it themselves. You don't really want them to know the price your getting it for. Hope those little tips help x

I also think the price of your hair extensions and fitting is very cheap x

I also think the price of your hair extensions and fitting is very cheap x

The price of what your charging for extensions (without fitting) doesn't look the same as on thier website? (Sorry for lots of posts just trying to help lol x )

I would remove the comment ' due to personal safety....' I think you could put 'Ladies hairdresser' and just let your clients know you will do gents if they're referred/related. X

I agree, your extensions are very cheap. I think sometimes that can put people off.
What advertising are you doing? Do you have a Facebook page etc?

If it helps, I've had loads of visits to my web page, but they don't all end up in phone calls. Lots of people just look and gather information. I must admit, one of my clients said she thought I was too cheap - don't know about hair, but it may be worth thinking about x

Hi, not sure if its just because I'm using an ipad but I can't get your website to do anything. The tabs at the top of the page don't work :/ x

Please don't take what I say personally but heres what I think...

I think you should change your website. Some of the pictures you have put in are a bit blury so I would get better quality photos, I would make them roughly the same size and I would put them at the bottom of every page. More details on your hair extensions and spray tan pages (if possible) and change your paragraph layouts. I would change your font colour scheme and the writing and maybe add an about me page so clients can see all your relevant experience. Do you have a facebook or an email address? If you do add them to every page so people can see them and also definately add pictures of your work.

Agree with a lot of geeks on this thread. Also, you have 2 different prices for root touch up. It should be the same price whether your hair is long or short as its the roots your doing, not the length. Deffo would take down the individual pricing of the hair extensions and the link. Youll get clients doing it themselves :/ xx

Thanks guys,

All advice taken on board and amendments have been made x

Well if you were near me I'd call you! :wink2:

Thanks guys, positive comments much appreciated!

To be honest, my prices are average for the area I live in and people still attempt to get a price reduction, lol.

Now to search my laptop to see where I've put all my images x

I've just made a few more changes, please let me know what you think x

Hi, not sure if its just because I'm using an ipad but I can't get your website to do anything. The tabs at the top of the page don't work :/ x

Yeah I can't get the tabs to work either, they are clicking but the page isn't turning. X

Tabs work fine for me but the homepage image is still blurry (not very high resolution). Now I don't know if it's just me being picky but if I came on to a website and first thing I saw was a low res image I would, rightly or wrongly, think unprofessional.

If you have to purchase a high res image off shutterstock.

Pictures of your work thats whats missing :)
I personaly dont like the main image logo (girl with red hair), why don't you get verve design to make you a new logo , that will make your site look more professional

(sorry if this has been already said)

As previously mentioned, the homepage picture is a bit blurry so i would definitely get that sorted.

Also, i don't like that at the top of the pages you have your number three times. It makes it difficult to read. At first i thought you had three numbers. I wouldn't worry about having it there at all as you have a contact page, but if you do want it just put it up once xx

Your website is like many others and its nice but if I was going to look for a new stylist it would be because she is good. So I'd need either a recommendation or pics. Without one of those, I wouldn't book. I chose my current stylist on recommendation and because my frienda hair always looked amazing. I could get it a few quid cheaper in my previous hair dressers but I didn't like it... I'd defo add some pics, use it as a portfolio, this is your selling point and price isn't the most important thing x

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back