Will I be any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemma26

Reaction score
hi geeks feeling a bit down when i shoud be exited! i have just booked my course with cnd shelac and the foundation 5 plus brissa conversion however i am worried that i might be no good at nails and have no natural flare with them.
i like to be good at things straight away otherwise i feel let down by myself .maybe im just to critical of myself . Anyway on a more positive note i think this site is brilliant and i love all the feed back and info you all give and you are gonna see all the sets of nails i do so you can critique them good or bad lol roll on september cnd here i come x

I don't think anyone is an ace at nails straight after the training. Its one of those practise makes perfect scenarios.

I remember doing Shellac nail art training, watched the teacher and thought it looked super easy. Definetely not, but I've kept of practising and my standard keeps improving.

Good luck, i'm sure you'll be fine. CND are great teachers.

thankyou nikkib i just look at people ails on here and think will i ever be that good but as you say practice makes perfect! so practice i shall do :)

No one can answer that question but you. I always knew I would be able to do good nails .. just knew it and never even questioned it.

What you can say is that you have done all the right things to BE good. That starts with the best education given by the best educators and you have chosen well to assist your future success.

You do have to have realistic expectations however. Armed with the right techniques and knowledge from CND the rest is up to you and your continued dedication to becoming the best you are capable of being. With the standards you set yourself and a serious and positive approach to the business of nails, I'm sure you will make a good job of things.

You will have a great teacher and great support from the Manchester Creative Academy+. Make them your partners in your success by continuing your education (not everything can be learned at once and with all the new services on offer, you are looking at years of exciting opportunities and new things to master). :hug:

Last edited:
Sorry you feel that way hun, but you shouldn't! You'll never know how good you can be until you get your education and get out there and start trying.
It's tough when you find things that don't come to you straight away, but just think of the extra satisfaction you'll get from knowing how hard you worked to perfect your skills!
You've taken the right first steps, so with practice and confidence that you can do what you set out to, I'm sure you'll succeed.

All the best of luck to you x

thanks guys i am feeling more positive from your comments and i am sure i am in good hands with cnd they are so popular cant wait to get started on the course now i am gonna practice loads can i just ask if the nail trainer can be used for gel acrylic and shellac? ideally would prefer to work on people but if they are not available would this be a good alternative ?
x

thanks guys i am feeling more positive from your comments and i am sure i am in good hands with cnd they are so popular cant wait to get started on the course now i am gonna practice loads can i just ask if the nail trainer can be used for gel acrylic and shellac? ideally would prefer to work on people but if they are not available would this be a good alternative ?
x

The nail trainer is a great practice tool but you will be working on as many real nails also as possible.

Use it to learn to control your product. It is an invaluable piece of kit. Yes you can use it for shellac and polish practice.

thanks geeg im gonna get 1 right away :)

If you love it, of course you will!!

Best of luck x

Latest posts

Back