Will the CND lamp cure other gels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Hiya
Just wondering if the new CND lamp will cure other gels, ie the NSI balance gel? Or is it JUST brisa and Shellac.
Im going to start doing Shellac so will be buying the lamp anyway but Iv also bought the NSI gel kit for doing toes. So hoping the CND lamp will cure the NSI to save me buying 2 lamps?
Thanks in advance!

It would be nice and maybe it would, (youwould have to ask NSI) but as continually advised here .. use the correct lamp for the system you are buying.

Geeg, what about the gels that say you can use any 36 watt lamp and don't specifically sell their own lamp?

Would any other gel be over or undercured using the shellac lamp when following the manufacturers timing instructions?

I have the old Brisa lamp, now the new Shellac one and I also have a daylight uv lamp that I use for calgel but would love just to be able to use the shellac lamp with it's 5 finger cure for all the products I offer.

Geeg, what about the gels that say you can use any 36 watt lamp and don't specifically sell their own lamp?

Would any other gel be over or undercured using the shellac lamp when following the manufacturers timing instructions?

I have the old Brisa lamp, now the new Shellac one and I also have a daylight uv lamp that I use for calgel but would love just to be able to use the shellac lamp with it's 5 finger cure for all the products I offer.

I'm sure you would! But as you know the CND lamp is made specifically to use with CND gels. I really couldn't say what affect it would have on other gels.

The CND lamp is not just 36 watts (that really is not important in terms of curing anything) it is the high intensity UV bulbs that make the difference. Most other 36 watt lamps do not use these bulbs.

I doubt the CND would undercure anything else on the market but as to overcuring another system? I really do not know... I expect you would have to ask your suppliers of the other gels you use. I only use CND gels so it isn't a problem for me. Sorry that answer is not really helpful to you.

Thanks Geeg, I do understand all about the bulbs etc but wasn't sure on how it would work with other gels. I will contact the suppliers but really doubt they will know lol!

Thanks Geeg, I do understand all about the bulbs etc but wasn't sure on how it would work with other gels. I will contact the suppliers but really doubt they will know lol!

The signs of overcuring are product breakdown .. cracking, brittlness, yellowing, maybe excessive heat spike etc.

You could always experiment on yourself with some of these products and see how they last. If you start to experience problems that you were not having before then you will know yourself what the answer is.

The signs of overcuring are product breakdown .. cracking, brittlness, yellowing, maybe excessive heat spike etc.

Thanks that's very helpful. Will give it a whirl on me :)

Latest posts

Back