Will the cold affect my Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalou91x

Reaction score
hi, i have a home based salon in converted garage, i have a heater in there when i have clients, but it gets quite cold over night with the cold weather coming and im worried it may effect my gelish?
They are stored in a drawer in my desk, but it does get quite cold in the salon :(

My kit is usually in my car overnight and they are all fine for me :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I always bring my kit in from the car as I wouldn't want to take the risk of it all getting pinched and im sure as its starting to get really cold now its not good for the product,not worth the risk £800 worth of stock isnt easy to replace :eek:

One other thing to consider is that your insurance won't cover you for stock left in the car overnight. Even if it's locked out of sight in the boot x

My trainer told me never to leave it in the car as the cold could make it thick. I keep it in the house but in a reasonably cool place. Not near the radiator xx

Sorry if this seems rude, but i asked if the cold (gelish being in the salon) would effect my gelish, not how safe it would/wouldnt be to leave it in the car?

The other lady was simply trying to make a suggestion i dont think its fair to comment on this as it is her choice, her car could be kept in a locked garage overnight or live down a long lane that nobody would even think about going down.

I love salon geek but think some things get off topic x

Sorry if no one wants to reply to me now, i hope you do though x

Hi :) I sometimes end up keeping mine quite cold (my porch area etc) and they are fine. I think obviously as long as they're not kept in extreme conditions, they should be fine :)

As long as the Gelish is back up to normal room temperature before use it will be fine.
My room in the salon is also very cold at night, and coming into winter now I have my heater on a timer to come on an hour before I start work to make sure the room is cosy and fine to work in. I also keep my Gelish in a drawer there and it was fine last winter.
Hope this helps.

Thank you tommo & izzidoll, i do worry too much sometimes lol x

Emma if your comment was aimed at me I apologise if I sounded rude, I was just stating a fact that I'd read in my own documents and didn't want anything happening to someone else because they hadn't noticed it in theirs.

I'm glad you've found your answer x

Sorry if this seems rude, but i asked if the cold (gelish being in the salon) would effect my gelish, not how safe it would/wouldnt be to leave it in the car?

The other lady was simply trying to make a suggestion i dont think its fair to comment on this as it is her choice, her car could be kept in a locked garage overnight or live down a long lane that nobody would even think about going down.

I love salon geek but think some things get off topic x

Sorry if no one wants to reply to me now, i hope you do though x

I apologize if my post steered this thread off topic, I just thought I would add that leaving your kit in the car may not be a good idea due to me learning the hard way (my car got pinched a few years ago with all my kit in it :( ). I would think leaving it in a garage overnight is fine but if it gets too cold I personally would take it out, just my opinion :)

Latest posts

Back